I experienced some weird things with the adjustment brush…..

I photographed a coast line with cliffs being in the shade and the water being in the sun.
Now I tried to get some of the detail back in the dark shadows of the cliffs.

I upped the fill light, which did an ok job, but it effects the whole image so the stuff not in the shade became a bit flat.

Then I tried to use the adjustment brush and painted in the shade areas of the cliffs some exposure and/or brightness.
Suddenly I get weird black dots and lots of noise I cant get rid of.

I deleted the adjustment brushes again and tried upping the same amount of exposure and brightness on the overall image with the basic sliders just to see the difference. Of course the not shady bita of the image are now overexposed, but the shade area looks much better and I do not have these weird black dots I do have with the adjustment brush.

Any idea why?
Shouldn’t the exposure and brightness sliders I have in the adjustment brush do the same as the ones in the basic panel just on selected areas?

This really makes the adjustment brush less useful. I noticed that in a view other cases the changes I do with the adjustment brush just look completely different than if I would apply the same settings on the whole image with the basic sliders…..

Do you experience the same?
Do you use the adjustment brush a lot, or rather go to ps for that?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Mirc