Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: What Non Nikon Flash To Buy?

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Non Nikon Flash To Buy?

Hello seeking advice on the above subject - Have a Nikon D 90 - Various flash needs including the odd wedding or two - any advice comments welcomed!

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you have against Nikon speedlights?

I really can't imagine a good reason to not use them.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completely agree with I @ M,

Nikon make some really good speedlights. No third-party flash even comes close as far as I have found.

Especially if you are doing weddings as you mentioned. I wouldn't be trusting my lighting to a third-party flash.

Paul
    Australian Nature Photography

Nikon D7000
    Nikkor 12-24, Nikkor 28-70/2.8, Nikkor 50/1.8, Tamron 60/2, Sigma 100-300/4, Sigma 180/3.5 macro, Nikkor 500/4, 1.4x TC, 1.7x TC

(Comments And Critique On My Images Most Welcome)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Metz flashes are pretty good, might not be a Nikon but they are still good.
    Couple of new ones out now to, the Mecablitz 50 AF-1 and the top model, the Mecablitz 58 AF-2. Strong, good quality, good functions and easy to use, probably a good bit cheaper that the equivilent Nikon flash as well.
    Pentax K20D & Grip, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 DC Macro, Sigma APO 70-200 f2.8 EX DG HSM II, Metz Mecablitz 48 AF-1 flash, LowePro Flipside 300 backpack, Photoshop CS 5, Lightroom 3, Manfrotto Monopod & 498 RC2 Ball Head, GoldPhoto "Tracker" Tripod, Hoya CPL and UV filters, Yongnuo RF602 flash triggers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased a Nissin Di466 Speedlite off eBay for $130 for my Panasonic G1 and it is giving me all that I want and need from a flash, for less than fifth of the price of a Panasonic flash

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Canon cameras but I regularly use a Nikon flash! Nikon flashes are excellent, why would you NOT want to buy one, other than price? I've had plenty of Metz flashes and would buy an old Nikon any day.

JJ