Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photographic Lighting off eBay

Just wondering if anyone would know how bright these lights would be -

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Photographic-...item335ff97e00

Would they be any brighter than just an ordinary planet desktop light with a high wattage bulb such as this -

I want some continuous lighting for some still life shots I want to do.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading through all the hype the "specs" reveal that the globes are 45 watt.

If, and only if, the rest of the gear (light tent and backdrops + stands) are reasonable quality does it start looking like a viable set up.

First and foremost, with those light levels, you are going to need a tripod and long exposures to get the best results and the following observations apply to that seller ----

They could have at least ironed the backdrops before photographing them --- and --

They only have a 99.1% satisfaction rating, combine those factors and MY dollars would be going elsewhere after more research.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Andrew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have a good browse thru fleabay you can find those light tents for around 30(i did) and goto bunnings to get light holders (arnd 10bucks each) then buy seperately the lights themselves, I cant recall if i bought daylight bulbs or what cos I have no idea where I put them here, I use two 430 speedlites when i use the tent thingy,
    thats if the cats not sitting on that bag at the time, then I just use a big card up against a wall

Just an alternative.

The cat rules this house.....

One day I'll take some serious photos, just not today
    Canon 50D | 450D Gripped | 50mm 1.8| 18-55 | 100-300 | Tamron 17-50 f2.8 | 85mm f1.8 | Manfrotto Tripod | Studio Flashies | 430EX | Loads of useless gadgets | All this gear and still no idea.....