Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon 60D / 8-15mm fish eye / SuperTele mk2s

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubt it. Might even drag up the price as people have nothing to look foward too from the 60D in terms of a semipro AF sports camera

Quote Originally Posted by jeffde View Post
    Question will this effect the price of a 7D its been slowly dropping ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Canon may have fired a " Blank ".

sorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if it is signalling the end of the xxxD series?

Position the 60D as better camera than the 550D (by just a little bit) and a good margin over the 1000D.

Might a few of the older Super telephotos coming onto the second hand market in the new year or so as.
    Greg
    1DmkIV + other stuff that sticks to the front. | Photogallery
    Clearly I'm cleverly disguised as a Responsible Adult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joele View Post
    So the 40d -> 50d was an upgrade when you factor in better LCD and software upgrades, though a rather small one (better but not much reason to upgrade if you already have a 40d)
    Also the main selling point that made me upgrade to the 50D is the micro adjustment that can be applied to each lens.
    As for video I really dont see the purpose of having video on a DSLR camera, for that purpose i have a vid cam. In my opinion the Canon 50D will hold its value and sort after model because it's the peak of the semi pro line.
    But thats my opinion
    The fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest with a sharp knife
    Canon 50D,
    Tamron 70-200 f/2.8, A very bright light, EF 50 f1.8, Tamron 17-50 f2.8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im really glad the 50D went away, was more happy with the 20D and 30D than both the 40 and 50D, especially the latter! I dont care what ppl say, poor noise control and poor shadows made it from a back up camera in the car, to it being an emergency camera for me which I leave at home.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW, the telephoto's got me really excited. For what seemed like ages, everyone was saying how Canon should be upgrading within the next couple of years etc. and now it has finally happened! It seems they are looking after the birders/sports shooters which is good. Be interesting to find out the prices.
    Tim | Capturing God's Creation

Canon 7D | Tokina 11-16 F/2.8 | Canon 400 F/5.6 | Canon 50 F/1.8 | Manfrotto CF Tripod | Cokin Z GND Filters | Lowepro 400AW | GoPro Hero 2 | Kwik Camo

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd expect the prices for the super-teles to be at least equal to their predecessors if not more.

These are seriously expensive lenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenedis View Post
    I'd expect the prices for the super-teles to be at least equal to their predecessors if not more.

These are seriously expensive lenses.
    They are more expensive...by close to 25% looking at the RRPs.

Serial Truant....
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have liked a 14-24 with specs as good as the Nikon 14-24, I don't think it's going to happen though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pricing (in UK) is very, very high for the new glasses!!

Mark III extenders - £550 each
    EF8-15/4L fisheye - £1499
    EF70-300/4.5-5.6L IS - £1599 (considerably more than the DO, never mind the current 70-300IS)
    EF300/2.8L IS II - £7499
    EF400/2.8L IS II - £11499

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    I don't see the 60D as a HUGE improvement over the 50D at all.
    It isn't meant to be. In fact it isn't meant to be an improvement at all, though it is in some regards. If you want a huge improvement, get a 7D. The old 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D series has been split into two different models - the more expensive but better 7D, 7D II, 7D III series, and the cheaper but plasticy 60D, 70D, 80D series. (Assuming that they keep the current naming conventions, obviously.)
    Tony

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulIsidro View Post
    Very sad indeed, for the XXD series.
    It peaked at 40D
    Crashed at 50D
    Burned at 60D
    What a way to end a series...
    Huh? The 40D was by far the worst of the entire series. Poor reliability, worst picture quality since the 10D (i.e., inferior to the 20D, 30D, 50D, and doubtless 60D too, though we don't know that last from our own knowledge yet), certainly not a camera to love.

Mind you, even as the worst of the series, picture quality-wise, it was still pretty good. I still use mine, but only as a last-resort backup. (I had two but sold the other one when I bought the 7D.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannin View Post
    Huh? The 40D was by far the worst of the entire series. Poor reliability, worst picture quality since the 10D (i.e., inferior to the 20D, 30D, 50D, and doubtless 60D too, though we don't know that last from our own knowledge yet), certainly not a camera to love.

Mind you, even as the worst of the series, picture quality-wise, it was still pretty good. I still use mine, but only as a last-resort backup. (I had two but sold the other one when I bought the 7D.)
    Hey ho, I am just about to upgrade from 20d to 40d....Why do you think the iq is sooooo bad with the 40d and what do other people think about that?

I definitely cannot afford a 7d.....
    Constructive criticism is most welcome!!!

Canon 40D, 100-300 5.6 L
    Sigma 17-70
    Manfrotto Tripod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reaction View Post
    I think your reasoning is wrong, but the result is about right. 50D didn't bring better performance vs 40D.

Thinking how the 40D brought so many new features vs 30D, and now 40D users have no reason to want the 60D. But they did need something to compete with the D90, they shouldn't have added so much to the 550D line.
    Youre right, 550d is packed with features ... just smaller/lighter camera.
    My 40d works great, fits great im my hands....Yesterday found that 60d is released and thought WOW, it must be good one, but if I was going to upgrade from my 40d would probably get 7d or 5d!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to disagree with your opinion about 40d, have used mine for last 2 years and never complained about picture quality, if photos werent good that meant that I did sth wrong....few of my mates got one too and didnt complain either... even having 20d before.
    Would rather get few better lenses than new body, though would be nice to have 7d or 5d!!

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andylo View Post
    EF70-300/4.5-5.6L IS
    I really don't understand why Canon introduced this.

It already has two slow 70-300mm zooms in its lineup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently have a 40D for a year plus now. Was thinking of upgrading to 60D if it's good but looks like it's either 5d or 7d now... sad. That's huge amount of difference.
    Crumpler 5 Million Dollar + Canon EOS 7D + Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM, Manfrotto tripod
    Previous owned gear: Canon EOS 400D, Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM, Macro Canon EF 35mm f/2, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, Tamron 55-250m, Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM Macro, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't meant to be. In fact it isn't meant to be an improvement at all, though it is in some regards. If you want a huge improvement, get a 7D. The old 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D series has been split into two different models - the more expensive but better 7D, 7D II, 7D III series, and the cheaper but plasticy 60D, 70D, 80D series. (Assuming that they keep the current naming conventions, obviously.)
    What is a 7D II and a 7D III - I thought there was just the 7D at the moment ?
    My Goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12