Thread: Best of the best lens

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Canon bodies so I can use a vast range of lenses such as Zeiss, Leica R, Olympus, Contax Zeiss, Mamiya M645, Hasselblad etc etc lenses. The list is very very long. There is no such thing as a single best lens as it depends entirely on your purpose and personal taste as lens rendering is subjective. Some love Zeiss for 3D, I don't, so my taste will differ to others tastes but this doesn't make a lens any better or worse. Sharpness isn't everything to me but some people demand absolute sharpness in the corners (I don't even look in the corners). I like smooth Bokeh, but funky/harsh bokeh can add to an image too. There are so many factors and reasons to like or dislike a lens.

I'm very fond of the leica R 180/2.0 (for excellent min focusing distance of 1.5m, sharpness wide open, fast and accurate focusing (manual) and smoothness of Bokeh) and Leica R 28/2.8 (current, not the older versions, for it's amazing sharpness across the frame) which I use on Canon bodies. The R 28/2.8 might be the best of it's kind aside from the likes of the Leica M 28/2.8 ASPH but that can't be used on Canon bodies anyway.

The Canon 24-70 Zoom is a great lens and is certainly my 'go-to' lens for work.

JJ
    Last edited by jjphoto; 24-08-2010 at 5:04pm.