User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Adobe Lightroom 3 Date Problem:::

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adobe Lightroom 3 Date Problem:::

Since upgrading to Adobe Lightroom 3 I appear to have a problem with the dates of my imported photos and I'm baffled as to what is going on or how to fix it.

Basically I import my photos into Lightroom using the default folders it creates - basically:

YYYY/
    YYYY-MM-DD/

however I get it to rename my files into YYYYMMDD_XXX.NEF filename format (where XXX is just an incrementing sequence number).

So here is my problem - files shot before about 2PM are correctly named with the correct date and put into the correct dated folder - e.g. photos I took today went into the folder:

2010-08-22

and were named:

20100822_XXX.NEF

However files shot after about 2PM do go into the correct DAY folder (i.e. 2010-08-22 for today) but the filenames end up as 20100823_XXX.NEF (i.e. tomorrows date?).

I was originally thinking it's something to do with UTC time or something - however in the EXIF data for the files the date/time is set correctly and I've checked my camera (Nikon D90) date/time, etc settings and my Mac laptop date/time settings and they are both correct. I didn't have this problem before - it only seems to have appeared after upgrading to Lightroom 3 - any ideas?

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seem to remember a similar post on here recently about the LR file naming convention going AWOL, someone should be able to help you soon Remorhaz
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was something to do with timezones, and that your copy of lightroom is using the wrong timezone for your region.

Found it: http://www.lightroomforums.net/index.php?topic=10269.0
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a workaround, select the photos and do a rename. I find the problem occurs during import but using the same preset using the rename function works as it should.
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com