Well, after much mucking around, I was finally in a position to develop a couple of rolls of tri-x 400 yesterday afternoon for the first time.
One important lesson I learnt, is that if you spend 20 minutes proofing the room, make sure you have the film in the same room!
Anyway spooling the two rolls went pretty well, having practised on a roll of expired film, and one in the canister I could start playing around with the chemicals.
I used D76 1:1, and Ilford bath and Rapid fixer, all as per the instructions, and all went well. The only slight issue I had was that the negs came out with a purple tint to them, but upon reading it is either to do with the fact that I didn't do a pre-soak, or didn't wash the negs long enough.
My main issue at the moment is not having a decent scanner, only a cheapo multi thingy.
Anyway, here is a image from my first self developed roll - this has been quickly adjusted in PS to try and compensate for the crappy scanner, and purple tinge!
Oh - and a big thanks to hoffy for his help and advice