In my role as Photographic Competitions Watchdog - aka photowatchdog.com.au - after a great deal of lobbying, I've finally managed to arrange a one on one meeting with Queensland Government on the issue of their photographic competitions.

I'll keep this reasonably simple and to the point. All of their competitions, are based on the premise, that every entrant to all of their specific competitions agrees to the unlimited use, without payment or reward, in perpetuity for whatever Qld Gov can think of.

Prizes are always minimal, and there is only normally one prize per category - 3 categories in most cases.

The reason for the competitions is not to encourage photography, but to aquire imagery at a very low outlay.

The important part to remember that all entrants agree to these terms and conditions, and that its not just the winners, and finalists that are used.

So I would like to ask everyone here (wether you live in Qld or not), do you support the approach of the Qld Gov in their approach to Photographic Competitions ?

I'd like to hear from all areas - ie from the occasional amateur, the committed enthusiast, the semi professional and the professional.

Can you please state at the beginning of your response, which area you consider you fit in?

So please give me your opinions. Please try and be direct and to the point.