8 20.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GalaxyS OR iphone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for the HTC Desire here.

I got mine a week ago and love it. I also own an iPod Touch. I much prefer the Android system to the iOS system. Much more customizable and I can just do 'more' with it.

Once pocket informant release their app for the Android system (next month hopefully) I'll be moving the iPod touch along...

Paul
    Australian Nature Photography

Nikon D7000
    Nikkor 12-24, Nikkor 28-70/2.8, Nikkor 50/1.8, Tamron 60/2, Sigma 100-300/4, Sigma 180/3.5 macro, Nikkor 500/4, 1.4x TC, 1.7x TC

(Comments And Critique On My Images Most Welcome)

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NikonUser View Post
    Once pocket informant release their app for the Android system (next month hopefully) I'll be moving the iPod touch along...
    Ohh I didn't know they were going to do an Android release, I used their calendar app on WM for a few years... very nice..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the iPhone 3GS, my Son has the Samsung Galaxy S and a friend at work has the iPhone 4. The iPhone 4 is the pick of the bunch for me. The screen is beautiful and it feels and looks wonderful.

My Son insisted on NOT getting an iPhone (teenagers!?!) for no other reason than he wanted to be different. It's a nice phone and the screen is super bright but unless you want to fiddle around and configure it to exactly the way you want, I prefer the iPhone OS - much simpler. And I do not like the Apps Store for the Samsung.

A great app for the iPhone is TrueHDR which does a great job on simple HDR photos. Extends the usability of the camera and is real fun.

Cheers
    Alan
    Canon 7D

24-70mm f/2.8 L USM : 400mm f/5.6 L USM : 70-200mm f/2.8 IS L USM : 100mm f/2.8 macro : MR-14EX Ring Flash : Kenko 1.4x TC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My vote goes to the Android, then iPhone. If iPhone, then must go with 4, because pervious version have a terrible camera. At least iPhone 4 has a 5MB camera.

I likethe HTC Android however... pick of the bunch.
    Best Regards, Mark (Criticism encouraged on all my photos. Thanking you for your guidance).

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    baaa I don't feel like a sheep for owning an iPhone 4

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only have a 3G iPhone but love it because I can take my music with me, as it is an iPod too.
    cheers Kerro
    I shoot with Canon cameras and Canon and Sigma lenses and now a Mavic Pro too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm seriously looking at the Galaxy S. I just don't know about the size of the thing. I liked it when phones were getting smaller, not bigger...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I just went from my trusty old nokia 6230 to a shiny and new HTC Desire. I have been very impressed thus far by it's speed, useability and all round good looks. Even though it's bigger then my old phone, it still fits nicely in my pocket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something I'm curious about, actually - I've never been on a plan, nor used mobile internet-y sort of things (my current phone is a technological dinosaur...) - how much data do people tend to use in a given month? I'm looking at plans and I honestly don't know if I'd need 100MB, 1GB, or more. 100MB certainly sounds a pitiful amount...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Culhwch View Post
    Something I'm curious about, actually - I've never been on a plan, nor used mobile internet-y sort of things (my current phone is a technological dinosaur...) - how much data do people tend to use in a given month? I'm looking at plans and I honestly don't know if I'd need 100MB, 1GB, or more. 100MB certainly sounds a pitiful amount...
    the plan i just went on comes with 1.2GB/month (it's a current deal by Telstra) although from research/heresay, a hundred megabytes is generally all you need (assuming you're not using you phone as a modem for your laptop etc. Bare in mind that these new smartphones have built in wifi so the moment I get home it uses my wifi instead of data on the plan. Similarly i could also set it up to use other wifi hotspot points too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have iPhone4 and 32gb iPad....I love them equally

My wife also has both and we don't leave home without them!
    Canon 50D, Assortment of lenses that I will list here sometime soon.
    CS3 Ext, Manfrotto 055XPROB w/ 322RC2 & 486RC2 Ball Heads, BG-E2N Grip, 380EX Strobe and a willingness to learn.

My Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hackcessor/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know I love my iPad Julie-Anne, I had to go and get an iPhone 4. Sent down from Brisbane, bought through Telstra Business, plugged into iTunes to activate it and it killed my new phone! Luckily I am not too far from Apple at Robina so off I shoot and get a replacement phone from the store. The new iPhone is great, a bit quicker than my 3gs and the screen is brilliant. I don't know much about the other phones, have had various Nokias HTC's and Blackberries, but I do like my iPhone. Never had any problems with my old one which Cheryl has now. Hope this helps.
    Andrew

Mostly Canon gear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with a fair amount that has been said

both phones are more or less the same i personally have an Samsung Galaxy and to be honest worst phone i have ever used. Samsung have placed limits on the android software which makes it difficult to work with at times and the fact that its stuck at cupcake is frustrating.

To me its all down to looks the iPhone is shiny and the droids are not so much but very universal

If your looking at a droid i would recommend HTC's and Motorola at this point in time but the iPhone is more or less the same...... unless your a developer =P or use a google account for just about everything.

So in short they both do exactly the same thing however you do not need an external program for the droid to upload/download to a PC/PPV and the likes.

Well thats my opinion anyway lol
    Last edited by Borg2000; 30-08-2010 at 9:41pm.
    DSLR: Sony Alpha 200 - 3.5-5.6/18-70, 4.5-5.6/75-300 Sony lens
    SLR: Minolta X-300 - 35-70, 70-200 Sigma Lenses, 28-200 PROMURA Lens (interchangeable)
    Gear: Lowepro - Rover AW, 2x LC 1 - Tripod - Fancier FT-6662A

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been keeping up with the responses but I thought hard about it. I went and bought a Samsung 480i, touch screen and it has a 5mp camera. It can get in the net and seems to do what I want it to do.....for now anyway. I paid $179 for it which saves me being on a contract which would be dearer than just buying this phone outright. I'm sure people interested in iphones would find this thread interesting. I did. Not that it turned me against the decision. Costs made my mind up this time.
    Thanks for your input.
    Thanks for looking....Cheers,
    Julie-Anne / Julie / Jules / Julesy / JAS

MY ..... MY BLOG..... Feel free to look.
    Canon 40D / 24-105mm L IS / 70-200mm L IS / 75-300mm / 50mm 1.8 / Sigma 10-20mm / Manfrotto tripod / Bits and pieces to fill the bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How has the 480 been going for you Jules? Do you wish you had bought the S or is the 480 doing okay?

I need to upgrade my very old Nokia sometime soon and I've been looking at the recently released Galaxy S2 but thought I'd see how the cheaper one is going for you.
    Attitude is everything!

Cheers, Paul

Nikon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 480 is running on Symbian isn't it? Not Andriod?

I got a HTC Desire S from work the other day and I love it Mark has my iPhone now, and he's really looking forward to when his Voda plan runs out in September so he can get a Samsung Galaxy...either Ace, S or S2.

Canon 400D | 60mm f2.8 | 18-55mm | 75-300mm| 50mm f1.8 | 430EXII | Photoshop CS4
    Helpful & Honest Critique/Advice appreciated

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not happy with it at all. So I'm just wondering whether to go back to a button phone when I throw this one up against the wall...LOL.
    I have herad of a lot of people really happy with the galaxy. Very happy. All depends on what you need it for I suppose. Who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sister has the 480T and she hates it too. It's a PITA to use...the scrolling is all backwards.

Get a HTC Wildfire or similar I have no idea what pre-paids Optus offer

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheryl just got a sony xperia and i reckon its great. I will be getting a htc incredible s next tho. Read reviews...

Sent from my TR718D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the new Sony phone that just came out...its called the Sony Play. Instead of having a qwerty keyboard in the slide section, its got playstation controls. I've been playing crash bandicoot during my lunch breaks :P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast