8 20.00%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GalaxyS OR iphone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GalaxyS OR iphone

I'm wondering which way to go...Silly question maybe...but I'd like to know what people think.
    I know it seems the batteries don't last long in either phone. Just looking for people's thoughts with apps etc.
    I want to be able to use it as a camera as well when you don't have to carry the bulky one around to.
    Last edited by 41jas; 17-08-2010 at 4:58pm.
    Thanks for looking....Cheers,
    Julie-Anne / Julie / Jules / Julesy / JAS

MY ..... MY BLOG..... Feel free to look.
    Canon 40D / 24-105mm L IS / 70-200mm L IS / 75-300mm / 50mm 1.8 / Sigma 10-20mm / Manfrotto tripod / Bits and pieces to fill the bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it were my choice, I'd choose the iPhone. My younger sister has the Samsung 480T [touch screen similar to the Galaxy S] and it's a pain in the butt to navigate. I've got the iPhone, and I haven't been able to fault it. Sure it's had a few little issues along the way, but nothing that I couldn't fix myself. My previous phones had all had alot more issues.

Canon 400D | 60mm f2.8 | 18-55mm | 75-300mm| 50mm f1.8 | 430EXII | Photoshop CS4
    Helpful & Honest Critique/Advice appreciated

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I can't help. The only thing I use my phone for is ringing people, I don't even like texting because it takes me toooooo long

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 3G S Iphone, and I love it, I have had it a couple of months and still so many applications I have not even looked at as yet. I dont know anything sabout the Samsung Galaxy-but my previous phone-Samsung produced very bad reception- majority of my phone calls would cut out-I am with the same network now with the iphone and have no problems with the reception at all.
    The battery definitely doesn't last that long especially if you are on the applications, but I just put mine on charge overnight and it well and truly lasts the day.

Good Luck with your decision.

Tanya

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amy, have you got the new iphone4? They say the aerial surrounds the phone and is best to get a cover so your hands don't touch it. Easy done.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ive got the iPhone4, and I cannot get mine to lose or drop signal by holding it how they claim causes it to happen. The iPhone4 is much heavier than the 3G/3Gs version, it starts up faster, has a much faster processor (same processor as iPad), Screen is HEAPS better than previous versions, and 5mp camera produces quite good results (but dont sell your DSLR)
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 3GS iPhone with the version 4 software... love it, haven't used the Samsung.... but I LOOOVE my iPhone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iPhone 3GS for me, too - love it to bits!
    Michaela

Comments and critique always welcome and appreciated.

My photos on Flickr
    Canon 5D Mk III | 7D | Assorted Canon Lenses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... I expected to see a lot more anti- iphone ranting... its probably still to come (it always does). But Im for the iPhone too.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I both have brand new 32GB iPhone 4's and they are a HUGE step up from our old 3G iPhones and we have no problem with the "Death Grip" issue and the screens are INCREDIBLE! and the phones are fast fast fast!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the iphone is the go. I'm not sure how long the GalaxyS has been out for.
    ***What are the benefits of a iphone?????
    ***Would I be better off buying another phone with a 5MP camera with free facebook?
    ***What features do they have that make them worth spending the extra on???
    I'm so confused with this when I'm normally one to have a basic phone in the price range of $80.00....lol...I want to get something that is good mainly the camera part so I have a camera on me at all times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if u could get your hands on the iphone 4G that would the best!

i have the 3GS and its pretty good already but the 4G's camera and HD video abilities is just faultless (at least to me) especially with the new screen it looks amazing

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyK View Post
    If it were my choice, I'd choose the iPhone. My younger sister has the Samsung 480T [touch screen similar to the Galaxy S] and it's a pain in the butt to navigate.
    Completely different Operating System.. The 480T is a cheap nasty consumer phone, the Galaxy S is a high end Smartphone running Android..

The Galaxy S is a great phone, I am not going to bother ranting against the iPhone, just that I imagine many of the people voting for the iphone may never have tried a Galaxy S? maybe not even an Android phone?

I think it is best to go try them both out and buy the one you like the best, I think the vast majority of people would be very happy with either..
    Last edited by joele; 17-08-2010 at 7:54pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 41jas View Post
    Amy, have you got the new iphone4?
    Nope, I've got the old iPhone 3G. Going to upgrade to the iPhone 4 when my contract runs out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeap agree with joeles sentiments.
    Telstra, optus have both running in store these days so go have a play.
    I'm a little bias to the iPhone cos everything else is harder to use (for me) ...but with a bit of playing on the S, it should be a snack as well.
    And with my experience with samsung has been nothing but faultless with the products I've used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One small problem with the new iphone... you can't get hold of one of them and I have been trying.

Cheers
    Danny

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have played with an Android phone and prefer the iPhone. Maybe is is just the familiarity of the iPhone, I have had one since Gen 1 (from the US), but I personally prefer the iPhone. Though I think it really comes down the personal preference, from what I can tell they both offer similar features and available apps etc.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danny View Post
    One small problem with the new iphone... you can't get hold of one of them and I have been trying.

Cheers
    Danny
    Still plenty of them around Hobart.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the apps Rick, I was told the Samsung has around 3000 and the iphone has like 10,000. But then again...what would you want?
    There's a 6-8 week waiting list here I was told. That was through an Optus Yes store.
    I guess of course it is up to you (me) and I'm wondering if I just get a phone that takes a decent photo.???

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Apps. Consider this, there are thousands of programs out there that you can install on your computer. How many have you got installed and how many of those do you use regularly? Yes there are thousands of Apps, but I reckon most people have maybe 10 they use regularly.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast