User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Buying Equipment Overseas China - worth it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying Equipment Overseas China - worth it?

I am travelling to China and Hong Kong next month, is it worth while to buy lenses over there? Cheaper etc, problems with warranty?

Also, anyone that has been to China, any tips on where to go and take some grea shots?
    Often beaten, never scared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having been down that road I am of the opinion I would not hesitate to buy from local sources, prices are really competitive. Warranty wise I believe that lenses are covered by international warranty no matter where purchased. This does not apply to cameras, however I would still buy locally. Lots of prices on the net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate, I am currently in Shanghai atm for photoshoots, and I am about 1 stop away from Xinggao camera store, it is probably the best camera store I have been into - it is 6 levels of mini stores selling direct from Canon, Nikon and manufacturers like Phottix and Yongnuo and Bowens and pretty much everything new and second hand

price is absolutely amazing esp on studio lighting and accessories, if you think prices from Image Melb or DD Photographics is cheap, you should see this place - I spent 4 hours there yesterdaym will be back again tomorrow

you can buy direct from Phottix, Jinbei lights, Yongnuo without going through the middle man prices by importers in Aus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks JM - looks like I will go to Shanghai after all. Wingnut I'll be there next month too - look out for me, I'll be the one with the camera

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, Shanghai is my last stop before Honkers. Thanks for the excellent tip.

I am sure you will be easy to spot. I don't think anyone else will have a camera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where else are you going Wingnut? I'm going for work, and I was going to ask a few of the people over there that I'm working with for tips. At least one of them is a reasonably keen photographer.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holiday to see the pandas in Chengdu, terracotta warriors in Xian, Beijing and then Shanghai and then off to Hong Kong.