User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Nik Software Viveza 2 - 64 bit upgrade

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nik Software Viveza 2 - 64 bit upgrade

Nik Software have announced the first of the upgrades to their plug-ins to allow them to work in a full 64 bit environment.

Viveza 2 has an update available now so it will run in a 64 bit environment. Their other plugins will be getting the upgrade soon. Great news to all of us that use Nik Software.

To download the free update for those with a registered copy of Viveza 2, go here: https://www.niksoftware.com/viveza/usa/entry.php
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was quite surprised to read of this announcement from Nik. The reason why, and this has me confused, but I've been running Viveza 2 for 64 bit since Viveza 2 was released. I wonder if anyone could explain how or why Nik would announce this, and yet I've been using it since Viveza 2 was first released. Genuinely, I'm confused ?
    William

www.longshots.com.au

I am the PhotoWatchDog

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are you sure? It will run in a 64 bit environment, but only at 32 bit, till now. Nik made several media releases when win 7 came out that they only offered 32 bit versions and would be working on 64 bit for all their plugins. So maybe even though you had it working in a 64 bit environment (as I did), it was only really running the plug-ins at 32 bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely - I was using 64 bit version with 64 bit CS4 - ever since Viveza 2 was originally released - and again been using it since I bought and installed CS5 about 6 weeks ago. Seems quite odd that its been available for some time, and yet as a registered user with Nik, I too got an email from them saying the same thing as you announced.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe you got lucky William

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just phoned my pc guru who helps me with my it stuff, and he said that he could confirm the same as he also has been using it on 64 bit since Viveza 2 was originally released

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure specifically re Nik, but I work for a software developer, we released a 64 bit version too, but it wad not engineered to utilize 64 bit, just to support that environment, we later released a version that was engineered to use the 64 bit environment if you get what I mean
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I follow the Image Doctors on facebook - maybe you guys are talking apples and oranges?
    Attached Images Attached Images