Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  7

Thread: GIMP Tutorials

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GIMP Tutorials

Hello:

If you use GIMP instead of Photo Shop this thread might interest you.

I am a GIMP user. Most of the tutorials for photo processing (that are really good!) are mainly for Photo Shop. Sometimes we can get struggle trying to find similar function in GIMP, but most of the cases is easy.

I was writing the steps for GIMP when I found this link that can help us to process our photos.

http://gimpguru.org/Tutorials/

I find it really helpful.

p.s. I will check them. If I find a missing tutorial (that I’ve applied) I will write down the steps and share it with you.
    Last edited by Jorge Arguello; 10-08-2010 at 1:13pm.
    Regards.
    J. Arguello.

Constructive Criticism (CC) is alsways welcome.
    Photography gear: Nikon D7000; Tokina 11-20mm f/2.8; Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5 - 5.6; Tamron A17 70-300mm f/4 - 5.6; Nikkor 50mm f/1.8; Yongnuo 35mm f/2; Neewer 85mm f/1.8; Nikon AW100 ;Canon EOS 300; Tamron 28-105mm; Canon 75-300mm.
    Photo Editing: Nikon Capture NX-D , GIMP ;

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arguelloflores/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Having used The Gimp, the big difference would be where to find the same tools in the menu, compared to Photoshop. They are there, it is just a matter of finding them and sometimes it is less tha intuitive as to where a tool or function can be found in The Gimp's menu. The online manual for the The Gimp can usually help you over-come that fairly quickly.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some really useful tutorials for photo processing on the GIMP.org web site too. Scroll down to find the links for Photo Processing:

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Ausphotography Regular richardb's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoy GIMP . Great toy .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another GIMP user here, thanks Jorge for the link. I agree with Ricktas, finding the same tool with a different name is the biggest problem
    Pentax K3, K100D Super, Sigma 18-50, Takamur-A 28-80, Pentax DA 50-200, Sicor 80-200, Tamron 2X teleconverter