Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nikon D90!!

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    something is definitely happening very soon. i have seen d90 bodies for as low as $770 (plus postage).

pretty exciting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    those would be grey right?

and I'm sure you know, wobble video is not a design issue, it is a property of CMOS sensors.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D7000 ... http://www.electronista.com/articles...pre.photokina/

Nikon's often rumored D90 replacement now has a name and possible extra features through leaks. After brief rumors that it would be called the D8000, Nikon Rumors now has it pegged as the D7000. The name is treated as certain and comes from the same outlet that accurately caught the D3100's name weeks in advance.

A more tentative but significant slip hints that the D7000 may follow the D3100 in bringing features previously only ever seen in a higher-end Nikon model. The optical viewfinder may get the 100 percent coverage previously only seen in the D300 and above. Similarly, it could get dual card slots like the D300, although it's uncertain if Nikon would return to including a Compact Flash card. Size and cost might dictate a second SD slot if true.

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nikon rumours have been calling it the d95, tho they have now removed the d95 link on the right sidebar...

the P9000 is going to be a new P&S camera. I dont think they'll call the d90 replacement D9000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it'll be interesting to see the new name(s) of coming cameras as their numbering system is a really a bit of a mess at the moment...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im starting to get the feeling that Nikon have been playing possum in terms of camera bodies while working on their new sensors. D95 or whatever coming out in September and following the D3100...D4 looking at april next year, talk of a D700 upgrade/replacement before the end of the year (which funnily enough makes sense....upgrading the second in line cameras first before the barnstorm of the blitzkrieg in a D4 and D300s replacement at the top of the respective sensors, and a D300s replacement by August next year....probably a D5000 upgrade in there somewhere and Nikon have a whole new lineup before Canon can blink.

The question is...what the hell are they going to do with the D300s replacement when they look like giving the D95:
    * Magnesium-alloy body
    * 16MP sensor
    * 1080 HD video
    * Somewhere between 6-8 fps
    * Improved ISO range: 100-25600*
    * 39 AF points
    * Price: $1199 for body only

This puts a big standard out there for the D400...we could feasibly see something big coming with this. Im guessing similar performance to a D3 with increased sensor pixels to blow the D95 away or D4 stepped down a little. Either way Nikon might have something novel...I wonder if its along the lines of the jump from D2 and D200 series to the D3/D300.

As for the D800 or whatever its called where does it go? D3 sensor quality with increased resolution and video?

Certainly could be interesting.
    John
    Nikon D800, D700, Nikkor 14-24 F2.8, 24-70mm F2.8, 50mm F1.8D, 70-200mm F2.8 VRII, Manfrotto 190XB with Q5 PM Head,
    SB-900,600, portable strobist setup & Editing on an Alienware M14x with LR4 and CS5 and a Samsung XL2370 Monitor.

Stormchasing isn't a hobby...its an obsession.
    For my gallery and photography: www.emanatephotography.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note the reasons I say about the D400, look at the release of the D300s, i think it shows a change in nikons thoughts in term of pro type bodies...double card slots...with a few other changes (FPS up) could be a serious pro camera.

According to Nikon rumors the D90 replacement has a designation:
    Nikon D7000 will be the replacement of the D90...supposedly this is confirmed. And apparently it might have double slots.

This raises interesting questions towards the D5000...perhaps going to be a dead end and dropped from the lineup in favour of a 3/3 lineup? Probably likely given the D3100 loadout.
    Last edited by Xebadir; 24-08-2010 at 5:42pm.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebadir View Post
    Im starting to get the feeling that Nikon have been playing possum in terms of camera bodies while working on their new sensors. D95 or whatever coming out in September and following the D3100...D4 looking at april next year, talk of a D700 upgrade/replacement before the end of the year (which funnily enough makes sense....upgrading the second in line cameras first before the barnstorm of the blitzkrieg in a D4 and D300s replacement at the top of the respective sensors, and a D300s replacement by August next year....probably a D5000 upgrade in there somewhere and Nikon have a whole new lineup before Canon can blink.

The question is...what the hell are they going to do with the D300s replacement when they look like giving the D95:
    * Magnesium-alloy body
    * 16MP sensor
    * 1080 HD video
    * Somewhere between 6-8 fps
    * Improved ISO range: 100-25600*
    * 39 AF points
    * Price: $1199 for body only

This puts a big standard out there for the D400...we could feasibly see something big coming with this. Im guessing similar performance to a D3 with increased sensor pixels to blow the D95 away or D4 stepped down a little. Either way Nikon might have something novel...I wonder if its along the lines of the jump from D2 and D200 series to the D3/D300.

As for the D800 or whatever its called where does it go? D3 sensor quality with increased resolution and video?

Certainly could be interesting.
    Half the reason I've put off ordering my D300s, the day I get it they will announce an upgrade..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, Understand there, though it looks pretty safe for at least a year (though it will be interesting to see how the new D7000 measures up to the old D300s) I have put on hold picking up a D700 for the moment. Planning to spend the money on flash setup and a macro and just waiting for the new release....if it comes prices will fall...and I might even decide to go for the new kid on the block if its worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D700 was my wet dream for a while....But I decided to get a D90 for now, and learn photography, while I let Nikon work on an upgrade. When Nikon brings it out, I should be ready

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I name thee Kevin.

That is all.
    https://forkandfoot.com

Nikon D7000
    Sigma 10-20mm ~ Nikon 18-55mm ~ Nikon 55-200mm ~ Manfrotto 190XProB ~ Manfrotto 488RC2
    ~ LowePro Top Load Zoom 1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123