Painfully, Yet another random issue has been occuring with my D700, and I took no notice of it until yesterday, when it reoccured from the first time that it happened....

The story below... this is the best way I can think of explaining it...
I'm going to take it to Andersons Camera in Capalaba when I can get a morning off to do so, until then, I'd rather like to discuss it, to see if anyone has any suggestions.

History:

November 2009 - Lens Mount Repaired (due to nasty fall)
January 2010 - Secondary Circuit replaced - due to something idiotic with firmware upgrade.

Issue:

Basically, while shooting, and usually when im doung some intense 200-300 shots per session kind of shooting, all of a sudden, randomly, the camera won't display the previous picture, won't focus and I can't use the back preview/menu/zoom in/ zoom out/ok keys along that side of the camera. This happens to any and pretty much all the lenses that I have - it seems to lock up the shutter mechanism. Basically, I took a look at it while it was occuring, and there's a pin on the LHS inside the mount that goes up and down when taking pictures. Turning the camera on, makes the half-shutter click and this pin to move as if im in Mup mode (but im definitely not) , and when I turn it off, it clicks as if its returning to normal. Kooky huh.

The fix for it, thus far, appears to be, switch it into Mup mode - click twice, once on, then once off, then remove the battery and the memory card for anywhere between 30mins - 1 hour - then put battery back in, memory card (new/different/old -i tried them all- doesn’t matter)and then, it starts working again. This leads me to think that its circuitry related - as during this time, any onboard memory would have to dump/stop its process and whatever is triggering it, would cease to exist.

Happened at abbey medieval festival a few weeks ago (july 11/12) and then three times yesterday. Aug 1