Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: PS5 - My first real test:::

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down PS5 - My first real test:::

Hi All,

For those that have PS5 how are you finding it... After a good working out tonight I have to say I am less than impressed....

I have not changed anything on my laptop, CS3 worked just fine... Anyway, my complaints about PS5...

* So slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

* If I open more than 2 images subsequent ones come out black... Yet I can see the photo in the layers palette..

Has anyone else experienced this ? Don't get me wrong, there are some greta features, but I seem to be able to do a lot more and quicker in PS3... ???

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think CS5 is slower than CS4 too. I haven't really tried to give it any real world tests, but my general perception at times is that it seems to take a while to do some tasks.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all new software releases, developers also assume that youve also updated your hardware to keep pace...have you ?
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    all new software releases, developers also assume that youve also updated your hardware to keep pace...have you ?
    I am using a quad core system with 4gb of ram, scratch disk is separate from main one, photos are stored on a third drive. One thing I am going to investigate is my RAID backup. It is set to auto backup any new photos that hit my catalogue, and I have a feeling that while that is running it is slowing my system, might need to look at how it manages resources doing the back-up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CS5 is good on my laptop that has 4gig of RAM, but slow and problematical on my home computer that only has 2 gig of RAM. I shall get some RAM soon.
    Both systens running Windows 7
    Graham

Canon- EOS 7D with BG-E7 grip, 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, 24-105L f/4; Speedlites 580EX II, 550EX, 430EX.
    Sigma- 18-50 f/2.8, 50-150 f/2.8, 120-300 f/2.8, 50-500 f/4.5-6.3 APO DG OS, 30 f/1.4, 150 f/2.8 macro, Sigma APO 1.4x and 2x Teleconverters;
    Kenko Extension tubes; Benro- M-257 tripod & B-1 ballhead; Wimberley- Sidekick.
    Home made "bag" on wheels; heaps and heaps of other minor stuff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "CS5 is good on my laptop that has 4gig of RAM, but slow and problematical on my home computer that only has 2 gig of RAM. I shall get some RAM soon."

I think that RAM might be the key Graham. I find CS5 to be faster than CS4 (particularly starting up) and I'm running 8GB on a quad core.

It might also be slower for some as its running in 64 bit mode - just a guess on that.

I must admit I'm sold on the content-aware fill.
    Mike

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    Marcel Proust

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What scratch disk settings - and other Prefs - are changed from the previous versions? Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fine on 4gb reasonable HW and Win 7 64 bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I jumped straight from CS3 to CS5 as colleagues had all sorts of dramas with CS4.

Short answer, I like it. The new pan action takes some getting used to, but I prefer it, same for the tabs across the top. They moved the ruler too, that took some finding, haha.

Runs faster than me on my new laptop, mind you it is pretty powerful (i7 740QM, 6GB DDR3, ATI 5730 1GB, 120GB SSD, Win7 Ultimate 64-bit).
    Adam.

AGSPhotos.com

Using Nikon & PS CS5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What version Mac / PC? What are your computer specs?

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a hungry beast, you need lots of RAM to run it efficiently or close everything else down, I have 4GB RAM on the iMac and use a 2TB external as the main scratch disk, I sometimes have problems with the images 'drawing' on the screen initially but it settles down. I love the interface itself particularly the 'refine edge' tool. Camera Raw is much better with all the tools having much finer control, the noise reduction area really works this time around, Adobe seem to have looked at what people add as Plug Ins and come up with them within Camera Raw. I don't like the HDR area very much!
    Margaret

Fuji XT2 Manfrotto MF 055XPROB Pro Tripod & gynbal head, Fuji 18-55 mm, Fuji 14 mm, Fuji 55-200 mm, Fuji 80 mm macro, Fuji 60mm macro, Fuji 100-400 mm, SB600 Speedlight, Photoshop, Lightroom on a Mac, Critiques welcomed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CS5 runs faster on my laptop than CS3 did. Works perfectly on the my desktop too. I don't seem to have any real problems with it, it did take some getting used to it but overall I am very happy with it.

Laptop Dell Studio 15
    Intel Core2Duo 2.0Ghz
    3GB Ram
    Raedon 4750 ( I think )
    Windows 7 64bit

Dekstop:
    Intel i7 930 2.9Ghz
    8GB Ram
    Raedon 5750 ( I think )
    Windows 7 64bit
    -Nigel
    Last edited by Nige; 16-08-2010 at 6:55pm. Reason: Added system specs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've spent several hours processing a photos tonight. I can now say CS5 is far far superior over CS3. More intuitive, more stable, and most importantly for paying shoots, faster!