Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Advice/guidance needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice/guidance needed

Hello all

I am after some advice on some cameras and lenses I want to buy. What I am looking at getting is either a Canon 50d or a Canon 550d body along with a Canon EF24-105mm f/4L lens and a Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L lens. I want this setup for mostly general walk around photography with the 24-105 and for shooting dirtbikes with the 70-200mm. Just wondering if this is a good setup for the photography i want to do.

Many thanks

Yatesy

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go for the 50D. That body got almost twice the continuous shooting frame rate as the 550D. And if you are going to shoot action sports that is important. I still hang on to my 50D body - although my main camera is the 5D MKII - because when I want to shoot fast action the 5D2 is just a bit slow at times.

Your lens choice is sound. I also have the 24-105mm and am very happy with it. My "long" lens is the 100-400mm but that is also because with a full frame camera you need that bit extra...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not Nikon??

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst both are great lenses, just check that 24mm is short enough for you. On a crop body 24mm isn't very wide.

Your option for wider is to add a seperate wide lens into the kit, or look at the 17-55 f/2.8 or the 15-85 f3.5-f/5.6.