Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Reliable batteries

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reliable batteries

Hey,

just wondering if you have any experience with all these "cheap" batteries you can get on ebay?

I would like to have some reliable long lasting batteries i can trust, but the original Canon ones are soooo expensive....

Cheers,

Mirc
    Constructive criticism is most welcome!!!

Canon 40D, 100-300 5.6 L
    Sigma 17-70
    Manfrotto Tripod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought 2 batteries for my 40d off these guys: http://www.aubatteries.com.au/index.htm

I have had no complaints at all, they are around 15 bucks each(almost cheaper than the freight)
    & I'm pretty sure they are based in Australia as well
    Bryan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got 6 of these http://sterlingtek.com/ln03-canon-bp-511-dlc511.html for my two gripped 50D's. I have found them to be very reliable and actually longer lasting than the OEM Canon batteries.

EOS 1D MKIII x2, EOS 6D; Samyang 14 2.8 IF ED UMC, EF 17-40 4 L, EF 24-70 2.8 L, EF 50 1.4, EF 85 1.8, EF 70-200 2.8 L IS, EF 100 2.8 macro, EF 400 5.6 L, 1.4x II TC, EF25 ET; Speelite 580EX, 430EX; Nissin Di866II; Yongnuo YN560i/ii & YN460ii, YN622C's, RF602's; Gitzo GT3541XLS + Markins Q20i; Manfrotto 055XProB + Giottos MH1301; Manfrotto 680B c/w Kirk MPA-1; Tamrac Pro5, ThinkTank Airport Accelerator, Airport Antidote V2, Pro Speed Belt + Racing Harness + Modular Skin Set; Lightroom 5.3, Photoshop CS5.
    myflickr

Scarlet letters aren't that bad.. I rather like L

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you guys. I ordered the Sterlingtek ones. Hope they are as good as described. Going on holiday soon with no possibility of charging batteries for 10 or so days.....

Edit: Wobbles, can I use the normal Canon charger for these ones?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wobbles, can you use the original canon charger with those batteries, or did you have to purchase one of theirs.
    Jayde

Honest CC whether good or bad, is much appreciated.
    Love and enjoy photography, but won't be giving up my day job.

Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dulvariprestige View Post
    Wobbles, can you use the original canon charger
    for the Canon 20D, 30D, 40D and 50D you can defintely use the Canon Charger on Non canon batteries.

on the 5D mk2 if you use a non genuine charger you need to get a Non genuine charger also. Pretty sure this is the case for the 7D also and most likely all newer models.

Ive got 2 generics that were cheap that last as long if not longer than originals, but I also have a few generic that are pretty crap at holding a charge. They are relegated to the backup backup batteries now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks crafty, seeing the 5d classic uses the same as the 20d,30d etc, I should be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mircula View Post
    Thank you guys. I ordered the Sterlingtek ones. Hope they are as good as described. Going on holiday soon with no possibility of charging batteries for 10 or so days.....

Edit: Wobbles, can I use the normal Canon charger for these ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by dulvariprestige View Post
    Wobbles, can you use the original canon charger with those batteries, or did you have to purchase one of theirs.
    Yes guys, confirming the Sterlingtek BP511's do work fine with the original Canon charger. I did buy another 'generic' one to allow me to charge 2 at a time (per grip). It also has a 12V plug so can charge in the car in an emergency..

Cheers
    John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks John

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftypics View Post
    for the Canon 20D, 30D, 40D and 50D you can defintely use the Canon Charger on Non canon batteries.

on the 5D mk2 if you use a non genuine charger you need to get a Non genuine charger also. Pretty sure this is the case for the 7D also and most likely all newer models.

Ive got 2 generics that were cheap that last as long if not longer than originals, but I also have a few generic that are pretty crap at holding a charge. They are relegated to the backup backup batteries now

Thanks again guys....

Where did you buy your non generics?

Cheers,

Mirc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Site to purchase SterlingTek batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
    I got 6 of these http://sterlingtek.com/ln03-canon-bp-511-dlc511.html for my two gripped 50D's. I have found them to be very reliable and actually longer lasting than the OEM Canon batteries.
    Hi Wobbles/Forum,

I was just wondering if there was an Australian site to purchase the SterlingTek's or did you order them direct on the site link above .. They seem to be recommended alternative from multiple sources.

Thanks in advance,

Shane

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both generic brands off Ebay and Canon brands and I have found the quality to be no different.