Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  16
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NSW Speed Camera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty72 View Post
    I would like to see a reference to even one eg of that (getting a 'non-speeding' ticket) ever happening. Just one. Unless you are making a deliberate blockade etc, it just wouldn't happen.
    Scotty you asked for one reference for getting booked for slow driving and here it is. The fact is he got booked for driving slow, even if the story is a beat up the fact remains he got booked for driving slow, the reference you requested
    The fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest with a sharp knife
    Canon 50D,
    Tamron 70-200 f/2.8, A very bright light, EF 50 f1.8, Tamron 17-50 f2.8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hus View Post
    Scotty you asked for one reference for getting booked for slow driving and here it is. The fact is he got booked for driving slow, even if the story is a beat up the fact remains he got booked for driving slow, the reference you requested

No, he didn't.

He got booked for driving in the right-hand lane when the law clearly states, on that stretch of road, you must keep left unless overtaking; his speed was totally irrelevant.

He was just trying to seek sympathy / do the great Aussie whinge in his attempt to get the media on side and therefore embarrass the cops into withdrawing the ticket.

He did the wrong thing - it was nothing to do with his speed - he should stop deliberately obfuscating and cop the fine.

Scotty
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing, if he isn't overtaking (going fast enough) on the right lane keep left yeah right. So he wasn't going fast enough to overtake i.e. driving slow in the right lane.
    So he got booked for driving slow end of story but technically you can come come up with something like failing to adhere to the constant velocity that is expected for the occupants of the right lane.
    You can call it or describe it anyway you like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hus View Post
    Same thing, if he isn't overtaking (going fast enough) on the right lane keep left yeah right. So he wasn't going fast enough to overtake i.e. driving slow in the right lane.
    So he got booked for driving slow end of story but technically you can come come up with something like failing to adhere to the constant velocity that is expected for the occupants of the right lane.
    You can call it or describe it anyway you like.
    Even allowing for the fact you are obviously tossing it up for the sake of sh1t stirring, isn't your brain bleeding after being twisted into such a ludicrous argument?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not stirring, you asked for evidence and I gave you a sample, after sample was given you said it was a beat up story and now accusing me of sh1t stirring and indulging in ludicrous arguments (takes 2 to tango), if the argument was so ludicrous then why did you ask for evidence.
    Anyway I have stated my opinion regarding speed cameras and their real purpose for using them, for me they are used to make money for our incompetent state government and for you it saves lives.
    I can live with that fact and move on, I am sure I have expressed all my opinions so I'll put an end to it.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....... there again this morning, at 9:10am, not much traffic with 3 lanes either side...... at a guess, catching the people late for church

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you got to church on time then Bernie.....
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pix View Post
    ....... there again this morning, at 9:10am, not much traffic with 3 lanes either side...... at a guess, catching the people late for church

The road to church? Or the highway to hell?

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    I hope you got to church on time then Bernie.....
    ....... all ways

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Props to hold up the roof Bernie.

Derek
    Pentax K-3 and some Sigma lens's

CC always welcome but please ask first.Thank you, Derek

Trust in God,but tie up your Camel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campo View Post
    how does canberra fit in sorry? camera revenue goes to state government coffers, not federal.

Canberra also has its fair share of revenue raising with plenty of cameras being located at the bottom of hills on 4 lane, freeway quality roads signposted at 60/70/80kph. Having learnt to drive in country Qld, it's hard top stomach a single lane bi-directional road can can have a limit of 100kph whilst 4 lane roads here are 60kph...
    The canberra ref, is actually a dig at how great the roads are there, not where the money is, and yeah I can say that, over the years I have done a fair few km around australia, one trip included, the great ocean road, reefton spur, black spur, bells line of road, mount panorama, galston gorge, old pacific highway, monaro highway, snowy mountain highway, and all the connecting roads.. Close to 6500 km in 9 days..

M
    www.pbase.com/mcphotographics loooots of pictures!
    hmmm Eq list... 1D II, 5D II, 7D, 100-400 LIS F4.5-5.6, 70-200 F2.8L, 135 F2, 85 F1.8, 24-70 F2.8L, 16-35 F2.8L, 420EX, 580EX II x2 ST-E2 Cir polar filters and much much more all in a neat back pack that kills my back!

Adobe CS5
    Week 16 Sheep Winner
    If you have a question about car / action / sports photography or Canon Cameras PM me...

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Bernie

Again this morning 5-09-2010 at about 10-30.

Catching the church goers again

Derek

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ........ ahhhhhh I beat him..... went to church on saturday....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234