Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ahh, client enquiries

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink ahh, client enquiries

thought some of you might get a laugh out of these. before yesterday i'd only ever seen these kinds of enquiries in photographer-related jokes. i had never actually received such an email, let alone two in two days. i've highlighted the parts i found particularly amusing, copied straight from the email (with id info taken out).

yesterday's email -
    Hi there. I am seeking a wedding photographer for my wedding. no set date as yet but looking for best quotes. we will need you from Myself getting ready untill the end of reception . looking at about 9 hours. and what we wants is unlimited photos printed off or what every is the maximium, we would also like them to be all put on a disk or something similair so we can print them off our selves at home. we are looking for the best price and we want to get the post out of the photographer If you think you can help make our day that little more special feel free to quote on here or also send me a personal qoute to my email... -----@gmail.com Looking forward to hearing from you
    not sure what "post out of the photographer" is... but they need to learn some basic english.

today's email -
    Hi there we are having a small wedding 10/10/2010 at 10am n would like someone who is professional and caring to take a DVD and photos for our wedding. We would like excellent audio and visual on the DVD as we have watched many a wedding video with very poor quality and this was a very sad experience as we felt so sorry for the couples to have to remember such poor quality of their special day for their good money Our plan wasnt to have a photographer/videographer at all because we are on a budget and it always cost so much for this. We are hoping someone out there loves their job so much that they are not only wanting to be there for the money but are wanting to be at our wedding to showcase their passion through our special day. It will be a simple job for such a professional as we will just want pics on a disc no albulm or anything flash. So maybe a great job for a professional freelance photographer who lives in (location) and is after a lovely day out doing what they love? Thanks
    i assume by "professional and caring" they mean sucker. no "professional" could take that seriously.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put your crash helmet on xkellie, I feel a roller coaster ride coming on from this post.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone love cars? Mine needs a wash
    DA18-55WR DA40 Limited

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charbuque View Post
    Anyone love cars? Mine needs a wash
    Me me me!!! I will do it just for a quick drive around the block ---

Conditions are that you supply the water, hose and bucket and that it is a Ferrari ( Porsche accepted at a pinch)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conditions are that you supply the water, hose and bucket and that it is a Ferrari ( Porsche accepted at a pinch)
    Water Hose Bucket Ferrari Falcon

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charbuque View Post
    Water Hose Bucket Ferrari Falcon
    Yeah, ok, work is quiet at the moment, I'll do up a contract tomorrow --- but -- it is Winter you know so it has to have leather, Ford cloth seats simply just don't cut it mate.

Errrrr, are we anywhere near on topic for loving, caring, high quality wedding photography?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back on track - it looks as though they may have misunderstood the meaning of the word 'free' in 'freelance'.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My thoughts are that this might not be even genuine. It could be a scammer using a new technique to obtain your details. Getting two similar ones in two days tends to make be wonder.

If it is genuine, they have probably emailed it to every photographer in your area, hoping to get lucky. There is a market for what they want, and they probably will find someone willing to do the job, but maybe not from the professionals in the area, more likely from someone just starting out who wants to build their portfolio up etc.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a few of these with one of my businesses could your company supply blah blah blah then next email wants me to invoice more than the cost then western union the extra let me think about that err NO
    Photoshop CS4 and lightroom 2 (lI know a little bit but am learning )
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated
    Feel free to re work my images, just please let me know what you did, and how you did it so I can learn
    Stu .
    my website
    my gallery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We want a professional so unbelievably talented who will make this mammoth task look easy.... but we don't want anything flash at the end of the day....

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mind you... I'll write software for good glass, but not for nothing (cept Ap)!!
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    post = most ?

I have a feeling the emails came from over sea's and would like to know what you charge. So they can adjust their price quote accordingly.
    Olympus E-30 upgrade pointing @ you

50mm
    11-22mm
    FL-36 [flash]

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane.R View Post
    I have a feeling the emails came from over sea's and would like to know what you charge. So they can adjust their price quote accordingly.
    i thought that as well, but then i just noticed she also left a message on my website in perfect english... needless to say, i didn't give her any pricing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasevk View Post
    We want a professional so unbelievably talented who will make this mammoth task look easy.... but we don't want anything flash at the end of the day....
    Sam.
    Kiddy Paparazzi, Wife and Mum of 4. Not always in that order!

Nikon F60 & Nikkor 35-80mm, Nikon D700 & Nikkor 50mm 1.4, 24 - 70 f/2.8G, 105mm micro f/2.8G Nikon SB800 speedlight, Casio Exilim P&S and other assorted paraphernalia that takes up too much room in my study!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is getting more common. Orange Camera Club was approached for a wedding photographer "to give someone the opportunity to gain some experience as we have no money" i phoned and she didn't even phone back.Luckily camera club executive said that it wasn't in the best interests of amateur photographers to step ion the toes on the wedding togs.
    Jeff - Jeff D Photography
    Canon -
    http://jeffdphoto.ifp3.com/
    www.jeffdphotography.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how these prospective clients think they are doing YOU a favour by wanting your work for free "because it's great experience". Meh!

Same with graphic design. clientsfromhell.com is a fun one to read.
    [- Instagram -]

Nikon Slave... (D90 & D300S)
    -- CCs extremely welcome, further editing of my photos is not. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    My thoughts are that this might not be even genuine. It could be a scammer using a new technique to obtain your details.
    Definitely seems a bit suss to me. I've had a few "dodgy" enquiries in the past and I treat them with caution

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Same with graphic design. clientsfromhell.com is a fun one to read.
    The classic:

http://www.27bslash6.com/p2p2.html

Closely followed by:

http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maccaroneski View Post
    Ahh man, that was good ... the first link was very very funny ... then the second one had me laughing aloud in the office with ppl looking at me! Still have tears in my eyes. Not sure if I am game to read the rest on that site now LOL.
    Cheers, Keith
    Sony A300, Tamron 70-200 2.8, Kenko 2x Teleconverter, Tamron 17-50 2.8, Sony 50 1.4, Strobes - Sony F42AM x 2, radio triggers, plus some studio gear.

www.keithsmithphotography.com.au | flickr

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, man, I laughed so hard the tears were running down my legs!
    David

Nikon D810
    Nikkor AF-S 24-120VR, Nikkor AF-S 16-35VR, Nikkor AF-S 70-300VR, Nikkor AF 50 f1.8
    Tamron 90mm Macro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast