Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: QTVR Panorama

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QTVR Panorama

Anybody doing QTVR?
    I made this around the time of the Sydney 2000 Olympics. There were no affordable high end DSLR's back then.
    I used A Nikon F3HP with a 20mm f2.8 for the panorama.
    Click and drag the mouse button to move around.
    To zoom in and out, click on the + and (-) button on the window.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...Opera@Nite.mov
    Last edited by RaoulIsidro; 20-07-2010 at 9:08pm.
    "The greatest camera in the world is the one you hold in your hands when shit happens." ©2007 Raoul Isidro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats pretty good. Is there a tutorial or something to follow to make one of these?
    Andrew.
    comments and criticisms are always appreciated.
    Unless I post into the "NOT FOR CRITIQUE" section then the above doesn't apply.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Thats pretty good. Is there a tutorial or something to follow to make one of these?
    There are plenty of programs available on the internet. Google "QTVR" and a host of software developers will come up. QTVR was invented by Apple as part of their Quick Time program. I used a program called VR Panoworx and VR Toolbox for this image.
    In addition to the software, you need an accurate panoramic head that can take incremental stops around 360 degrees.
    I did these shots well over 10 years ago during the Sydney 2000 Olympics when DSLR's weren't yet that affordable or available, so I used a Nikon F3HP with a 20mmf 2.8 using film.
    Thanks and cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep - I still do a QTVR pano every now and then (my most recent one is at http://www.rc.au.net/pano/20100703/ - warning this one larger - 1280x640 pixel viewing port).

I've used a number of different automated Pano creation tools - including Panorama Factory one of my favourites.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Remorhaz View Post
    Yep - I still do a QTVR pano every now and then (my most recent one is at http://www.rc.au.net/pano/20100703/ - warning this one larger - 1280x640 pixel viewing port).

I've used a number of different automated Pano creation tools - including Panorama Factory one of my favourites.
    I can't seem to get it to work on my PC. Perhaps my laptop needs a QT update which I keep rejecting from the Apple website. All that comes up is the frame. I guess it's my computer.
    I'll try it on the Mac tonight. Cheers!