User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Need help with Adobe Bridge CS4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with Adobe Bridge CS4

Need help! when i open my images in Adobe Bridge CS4 my NEF raw images doesnt show on the preview panel? it only shows a NEF thumbnail on both content and preview panel. BTW the version of my ACR is 5.6.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am confused. You say my NEF raw images doesnt show on the preview panel, but then straight after state it only shows a NEF thumbnail on both content and preview panel.

So it doesn't show in the preview panel, but it does? I am not sure what you are asking here. The preview panel is just that, a preview. You can change the size of the previews using the slider to increase or decrease their size. What happens when you open a NEF file?
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oopss sorry! what i meant was when i open the folder of my NEF images in Bridge it only shows an NEF icon in both content and preview panel, even if i move the slider to make it big or small its still the same and wont show up in both panels. i have to open my NEF images one by one in ACR for me to view them.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's a print screen of it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what camera? Remember that Adobe do not update their software, once a new version is released (CS5) to allow newer cameras to work with older versions of their software.

You may find your camera is not compatible with ACR5.6 and that the only way to get around this using adobe software is to convert your NEF files to DNG files using the DNG convertor which is available as a free download from Adobe.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ricktas. The camera that i'm using is a Nikon D90. i already solved the problem, i copied the ACR file update on the file formats folder for adobe and re-installed the 5.6 update.

Cheers!

Steve