Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Images for Roo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Images for Roo

Hey Roo
    2 images for you to look at. The cupcake is possibly one of my favorites as I had so much fun setting up the lights and getting my vision.
    The girl in the garden is one that I like, but done awhile ago, and I need to learn to do this type of portrait better

Look forward to hearing from you.
    Karen

Ausphotography Regular rellik666's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Karen,

Sorry for the delay in getting to this.....

I will start with the Cupcake. I really like this shot!

Lovely subject and nice crisp cupcake
    You have a good depth of field
    It is generally well lit
    It looks really yummie...can I join you for afternoon tea!
    It is pretty well composed!

Did you use a tripod for it or was it handheld? Why did you shoot at 250mm? Was this intentional? I see that you used shutter priority, why did you do this rather than Aperture priorty?

I can see the reflection of the light source in the cutlery, which is distracting. I would have used some kind of reflector, such as a mirror or piece of white card if you don't have reflector.

I would have liked a lower angle but that is neither here nor there, but it wold have been nice to have the whole tea plate in. I am assuming this was taken indoors. Did you use auto white balance or did you choose cloudy?

Generally this is a good shot. I am just trying to find out how much you understood about what you did and how this was taken.

Roo

p.s I will come back to the portrait.
    Call me Roo......
    Nikon D300s, Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Af-S, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 70-200VRII 2.8, Sigma 105 Macro, Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Tokina 12-24mm, Sb-600, D50, Nikon 1.7 T/C, Gitzo CF Monopod