Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Bought a 7D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverlander View Post
    I can't be bothered arguing with stupid statements like that, but if it were truly wireless as we all know it, then it would work outside the line of sight, and it does not. Sometimes this is a bit of a nuisance.
    I agree . I guess we could argue that a simple, face to face conversation is 'wireless' too.

I did have classifieds section but as my wife was going through final stages of cancer i was not on as much as i use too, so i have lost that section now. No compassion from AP.
    Firstly, my condolences.

However, I do think this is a particularly unfair, emotion laden comment that paints the mods as monsters (which they might well be - ).

Did you explain this situation to them? If you did, and they are being hard-lined then I would possibly agree that compassion is lacking. Then again, rules may well be rules and they get all sorts of attempts to by-pass them.

If you didn't, then what did you expect of them.

Finally, and frankly, though I am sure you did not mean it this way, it does sound kind of goulish to link your wife's battle with cancer (and you hinted at her passing) with the sale of a camera.

Once again, my sincere condolences for your loss to that hideous disease (I am sure nearly all of us can relate to it as, it leaves almost all of us untouched) but, to paint the AP mods as monsters (even if by inference) over this matter, IMO, crossed a line.

Scotty
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty72 View Post
    I agree . I guess we could argue that a simple, face to face conversation is 'wireless' too.

Firstly, my condolences.

However, I do think this is a particularly unfair, emotion laden comment that paints the mods as monsters (which they might well be - ).

Did you explain this situation to them? If you did, and they are being hard-lined then I would possibly agree that compassion is lacking. Then again, rules may well be rules and they get all sorts of attempts to by-pass them.

If you didn't, then what did you expect of them.

Finally, and frankly, though I am sure you did not mean it this way, it does sound kind of goulish to link your wife's battle with cancer (and you hinted at her passing) with the sale of a camera.

Once again, my sincere condolences for your loss to that hideous disease (I am sure nearly all of us can relate to it as, it leaves almost all of us untouched) but, to paint the AP mods as monsters (even if by inference) over this matter, IMO, crossed a line.

Scotty
    Couldn't have put better
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway Im over it, its not the point of me just selling, I just went out and bought a new manfrotto and new canon lens, now that I can see the classified ads there are people there selling those things which I could have bought off them. So they prob lost a quick sale too.

It should be like it is now, you are able to see it, but cant post which is fair enough. Buy doing that your making it better for atleast the regulars to help them sell their gear.

anyways back to a canon question.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverlander View Post
    It is not wireless - it is infra red and needs line of sight. Runs my 3 speedlites very well..
    In saying this to register the Speedlight you have to mount it on the SLR then activate the wireless option, do you need to repeat this process for any other speedlites you want as slaves also?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just let it go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do not mount the speedlight/s on the camera. You place them (I have used 3 at once) where you want them (within limitations) and then do the "set up" in the camera menu.
    To use them you need to have the onboard flash open.

It is fairly easy to follow with the book in hand.
    Graham

Canon- EOS 7D with BG-E7 grip, 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, 24-105L f/4; Speedlites 580EX II, 550EX, 430EX.
    Sigma- 18-50 f/2.8, 50-150 f/2.8, 120-300 f/2.8, 50-500 f/4.5-6.3 APO DG OS, 30 f/1.4, 150 f/2.8 macro, Sigma APO 1.4x and 2x Teleconverters;
    Kenko Extension tubes; Benro- M-257 tripod & B-1 ballhead; Wimberley- Sidekick.
    Home made "bag" on wheels; heaps and heaps of other minor stuff!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ok, i watched a you tube clip which showed them mount it on then activate it, i will go to the book lol thanks.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what are other features that 7D owners love?

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the 7D because of the 8FPS next is the 70-200 2.8 IS (gen II) lens cannon but may be swayed to sigma.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Gen II is a ludicrous price though, big $$$$$

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12