User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Colour : Changing eye colour

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Colour : Changing eye colour

Let's start to delve a little deeper into photoshop here everyone. In this video you will learn how to change the eye colour of a person. I thought this might be a good tutorial for those learning photoshop, cause it is one of the edits that is reasonably easy to learn, but has impact. Just remember if you are going to put this into practice, less is more. Over-doing eye colour can look very fake. Having said that, experiment, its FUN!

Last edited by ricktas; 24-04-2012 at 2:48pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Tutorial Rick... Easy to do, and very easy to get carried away with....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you do the same sort of process if you have a monochrome photo and you want to ad like only their top in colour?

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no Daniel, the best way I have found to do that, is to make a layer, make that layer B&W, then use the eraser to "rub out" the b&w on the parts you want to be colour, then merge the layers... I hope that helps!
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Damien, the selective colour video will be coming soon. I didn't want to bombard this forum with heaps of videos all at once. I wanted it to be slow, so members could learn a few things, then take on more as the next series of videos come along. I wanted to start with fairly basic editing techniques.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries, thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Tut thanks very much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    top stuff!!! I reckon that is a great tool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is an amazing tute Rick. Thanks for posting. I have just purchased photoshop and want to start working on my pics now that I am taking it up as a hoppy and that will be great. Will it help with red-eye???
    Canon 7D | Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM | Canon 300D (back-up)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being hearing impaired,i cannot understand these instructional videos,so have to make use of step by step written/photo instructions.

So its still text books for me,actually i think text is much better to follow, instead of having to rewind the vid all the time.

Cheers

Colin

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colinc1 View Post
    Being hearing impaired,i cannot understand these instructional videos,so have to make use of step by step written/photo instructions.

So its still text books for me,actually i think text is much better to follow, instead of having to rewind the vid all the time.

Cheers

Colin
    Thanks Colin for the feedback. Everyone learns best using different methods, knowing your best method is half the job. As you state, for some, books and text are better, for others watching video works, and some learn best in a classroom, or tutelage type environment. We each need to use what we can, and hopefully these videos will be of benefit to some members.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great tutorial, thanks for taking the time to post this, I can see me using this often,