Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Saving as JPG

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Saving as JPG

How to save your photo as a JPG.

Last edited by ricktas; 24-04-2012 at 2:46pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saving your file as a JPG, using the "Save for Web" menu option

[yt]Ut_F7iGlze8[/yt]

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jpegs & Image Processor blues

Wishing to convert a bunch of 18 ProPhoto .psd files to sRGB, reduce the bit rate from 16 to 8, and save them as jpegs on an SD card for later viewing on an HD TV, I resorted to Photoshop CS3's Image Processor.

When I later checked, the SD card had, ( APPARENTLY ), 18 correctly named jpegs on it.

However on the TV each jpeg file had a, ( properly named, but UNUSABLE ), duplicate beside it — i.e. 36 files!

Apart from wasting 50% of the card space, this rather spoils a slide show, with one having to use the remote to move past every one of the dud duplicates.

I have tried closing everything down and re-starting the computer. I've tried it with the "Include ICC Profile" box in the Image Processor dialogue box both checked & unchecked...just in case .....but nothing stops this from happening.

Can you tell me what to do please?

Regards: Image

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post
    Wishing to convert a bunch of 18 ProPhoto .psd files to sRGB, reduce the bit rate from 16 to 8, and save them as jpegs on an SD card for later viewing on an HD TV, I resorted to Photoshop CS3's Image Processor.

When I later checked, the SD card had, ( APPARENTLY ), 18 correctly named jpegs on it.

However on the TV each jpeg file had a, ( properly named, but UNUSABLE ), duplicate beside it — i.e. 36 files!

Apart from wasting 50% of the card space, this rather spoils a slide show, with one having to use the remote to move past every one of the dud duplicates.

I have tried closing everything down and re-starting the computer. I've tried it with the "Include ICC Profile" box in the Image Processor dialogue box both checked & unchecked...just in case .....but nothing stops this from happening.

Without knowing what what each step of your process is etc, we have no way of helping.

I copy my files to my hard-drive and use Photoshop to to bulk conversions using the File > Automate > Batch command, then if I wanted them on an SD card, would format said card and copy the new files onto it

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post

I suspect you still have the original .psd files on the card which cannot be played back via the TV.

If you have safely backed up your card then delete any .psd files and all that should be left will be the .jpg files which can then be played back in sequence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree I think you have left the orginal files on the SD card and the YV or slide show does not know what teh files are. You should be able to look at the card either through a card reader or even your Camera (when attached to your PC and see the 'disk' drive associated to the camera. This you can then naviigate through and see exact what you have on the card.