Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon 24-105L f/4 IS Lens

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't get hung up on it - a canon Lf/2.8 anything will never disappoint you and there is always a new something coming out.If u want it buy it a smentioned the new lens will be more expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taylor could you tell me where you're buying the 24-105 from at $1100? Is it a local place or an online store?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    snip.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TAYLORW619 View Post
    My lens line-up will now be

Canon 50mm f/1.8 Canon 24-105mm f/4 L Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS MK1

Also considering a lens for sports, which I am investigating now.
    Nice choice, same as me

Btw, what is wrong with the 70-200 as your sports lens? Fast, sharp etc. If maybe you're thinking that its not quite long enough, what about the 1.4 extender? I've read some very good reviews about it. Probably going to be my next purchase.

My wife took the 24-105 to Thailand on a recent holiday there and got some really nice shots. As a travel lens, I think the focal length and weight combination is a real winner!

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donna68 View Post
    Taylor could you tell me where you're buying the 24-105 from at $1100? Is it a local place or an online store?
    Thanks
    Hi Donna,

DDP in Brisbane (and Sydney) have the 24-105 advertised for $1190 (plus postage )

Cheers

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donna68 View Post
    Thanks
    Yep, Phil Mac beat me too it, DD Photographics for $1190 (I read the price wrong first time and thought it was cheaper )

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Mac View Post
    snip.....

Nice choice, same as me

Btw, what is wrong with the 70-200 as your sports lens? Fast, sharp etc. If maybe you're thinking that its not quite long enough, what about the 1.4 extender? I've read some very good reviews about it. Probably going to be my next purchase.

Cheers
    The 70-200 is way too short, and I don't really think it is sharp enough for sports with the 1.4 extender. From what I know, zooms don't really perform very well with extenders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also got the 24-105 and 7d, and when I only want to carry one camera and one lens, this is the combo I'll take.

Not sure I agree about TC not performing well on zooms, sure, they're not going to be as good as a prime 300-400 f2.8 or f4, but I've seen some get shots taken with 70-200's and 1.4/1.7 TC's, as long as you're using the brand name TC, but then if you can afford stepping up to high quality long glass I see your point.
    Jayde

Honest CC whether good or bad, is much appreciated.
    Love and enjoy photography, but won't be giving up my day job.

Flickr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12