For a while I've been having a problem with my D200. I've lived with it until now but it's getting so annoying and frequent now, so I'm searching for an answer.

While using the camera it will just turn itself off - or rather, more accurately the flat battery icon will flash in the top screen. This happens with any of my 4 batteries, genuine and aftermarket, and also when using the genuine battery grip. I've read of possible battery voltage problems but I don't think it could be that with every battery showing the same symptom.

Earlier in the year when I had the camera serviced by Nikon's Queensland agent they couldn't find any issues. They did a firmware update and cleaned contacts but the problem remains. It does this with either of my lenses fitted.

I've also read that it could be a battery contact problem where the door doesn't push the battery up high enough to keep good contact. The same problem occurs though with the battery grip screwed in no matter how tightly too. It has been suggested to make a thin shim to glue inside the battery door to push the battery slightly higher and give a better contact, which sounds feasible but what would you do to increase the contact when the grip is being used as I can't shim it or screw it in tighter?

Has anyone else experienced this with their D200 or any other Nikon? If so what did you do to fix it?