User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  10

Thread: Photoshop video tutorials

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Photoshop video tutorials

I have just created this new forum area. Over the next few weeks we will be filling it with threads dedicated to helping members learn and/or improve their photoshop skills. We are aware that not all members have photoshop, and some may need to modify the instructions to suit their software.

All videos added to this forum will be linked direct from youtube.

If you have any suggestions for particular video lessons, please just reply to this thread and we will see what we can do for you. we hope to create threads from the very basics of photoshop through to complex processes. We will be sorting the threads into an order so that members can use them, in order, as a learning plan, to teach themselves how to use photoshop.

_________

How to: Youtube linking [YT] Tags
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have added some videos already. If members have better youtube videos that can replace those I have found, please feel free to suggest them. After all, I am trying to create here a repository of the best information and instruction from youtube, so I am happy for suggestions and alternate videos to those I have found.

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent work Rick - will it cater for PSE as well, in as much feature that may not be available or actions that are addressed a different way? Just for us poor sole who can't afford the real mckoy.
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mike, I am trying to build a basic series of tutorials that will give members an overview of photoshop from the true basics. Most of those functions will be the same as PSE (cropping etc), but I cannot realistically cover every scenario. As well as Photoshop and PSE, there are dozens of editing packages out there, and there is no way I could cover the quirks of all of them. However, if you have problems following a particular tutorial in PSE, please feel free to ask on the site and hopefully someone can assist further.

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Mike, I am trying to build a basic series of tutorials that will give members an overview of photoshop from the true basics. Most of those functions will be the same as PSE (cropping etc), but I cannot realistically cover every scenario. As well as Photoshop and PSE, there are dozens of editing packages out there, and there is no way I could cover the quirks of all of them. However, if you have problems following a particular tutorial in PSE, please feel free to ask on the site and hopefully someone can assist further.
    No worries Rick, will be another great asset to the site. Wil definately be checking them out.

Thanks Mate.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great idea. I know you can't cover every package but maybe some Lightroom stuff would be useful since it is so widely used.
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see some lightroom stuff also... I'm new to it and a little overwhelmed!

Smoothing of skin in Photoshop is something I'd love to see a good tutorial on... It seems there are so many methods, but would be good to get some opinions on which methods are more effective and why.
    Living the dream...

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I will add more videos over time. Don't want to bombard members with hours of them on one evening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres some I found useful Rick:

I'll just post the links and not embed the videos.

Facial Scrub using channels

Reducing flash hotspots / shine

Calculations in photoshop

Come to think of it all of the Lynda podcast videos are pretty good. I wish the guy spoke a bit slower and took a breath now and then though lol.
    Last edited by kaiser; 14-07-2010 at 3:50pm.
    Nikon D750
    Olympus m/43
    Rolleicord IV

My SmugMug

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks Kaiser. I will add those down the track. At present, I want to focus on the very basics of photoshop. Eventually I may have to give each tutorial a prefix of Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced. so that members can find the ones relevant to their skill levels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's one that I found useful. Using blend modes (screen,multiply & overlay)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WJSt...ext=1&index=43
    Pentax K20D - Sigma 10-20mmf3.5 - Sigma 18-55mm & 50 - 200mm kits - Pentax A Series 50mm f1.7 - Hoya CPL Filter & Hoya ND8 Filter & Dodgy tripod that does the trick for now!
    CC of my photo's is welcome!
    http://www.wix.com/gavandheather/Web-page

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice series of videos
    Canon 5DMarkII | 17-40F4L | 24-70F2.8L | 70-200F2.8L IS | 100F2.8 Macro | 580EXII | Gitzo GT3541LS | Markins M20 | RRS B2 LRII
    ThinkTank StreetWalker Harddrive | Crumpler 7 MDH
    AdobeĀ® Photoshop Lightroom 2.3 | AdobeĀ® Photoshop CS5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great addition to the site, i find my photoshop skils lacking and have found the Lynda series to be quite easy to use and work through.Having said that though there are multitude of youtube vids covering a lot as well, too many decent ones to list
    Cheers
    All CC is welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    J e f f

D90: with optional noob skills.