Thread: New site for Aussie market - Feedback please

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New site for Aussie market - Feedback please

Hi, as many of you know I have a Smugmug site, and it offers some great services and hosting features, BUT I feel they are letting me down in not allowing for regional services, specifically, charging in AU dollars and getting the printing done through local labs. And in not doing so, many people email me requesting other options. I started a redbubble site in a hope to allow people an aussie option but the product choice is VERY limited, for example, can't get a simple 8x12 print from them, so it was doomed to failure.

So in an effort to improve my services to my Australian clients, I went searching for a host that gave me the ability to provide many of the service I offer on Smugmug but via a home grown solution. And to that end my new site was born via Photomerchant. They seem to be a relative new comer to the marketplace and are not quite as polished as my other site, but they offer the basics, and for me, that is enough for now.

I'd love some feedback on layout, content, ease of use, if you would buy an image from me or not, and if not, why not? Anything really that will help present a professional front. Also if you could leave a comment on a photo so I can test the feedback functions in the admin panel that would be great, thanks.

The URL to my new site is: http://allannielsenphotography.com but as I have just moved the domain you may need to use this alternate link for a little while if you end up at smugmug.

I will also be posting my images on the new site from the Abbey Medieval Festival this weekend as a test for the speed of the site.
    Last edited by Allann; 09-07-2010 at 11:04pm.