Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any Watch Fans On AP?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it a SRP043K1.

The Monster doesn't have the numbers and has a Day/Date at 3 O'clock, looks a lot "chunkier" also as the bezel is larger.
    Greg
    1DmkIV + other stuff that sticks to the front. | Photogallery
    Clearly I'm cleverly disguised as a Responsible Adult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did someone say Monster? :d

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw this thread now!

Have been getting into watches lately, I only own a Breitling Superocean circa 2007(?) model, not a fan of the current Superocean design. Originally was meant to purchase an Omega Seamaster but then discovered Breitling and the rest is history.

Maybe in the near future I will splurge out for high end luxury brands like Ulysses Nardin or Phillippe Partek, Zenith or Chopard etc - but right now I cant justify the costs

In a few weeks time overseas Im hoping to get something else to complement the Breitling - which I wear for scuba diving and adventurous stuff. So maybe a dress watch that is chronograph. Nothing too expensive or extravagant like an IWC or Rolex by some members on here!

Lots of Seiko wearers in this thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about Tag Heuer???? or that Leica watch that all photographers must have?! kekeke

Nikon D700 in all it's glory!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw this thread.
    I love watches!!!! And have done since I was a kid.

I have a collection of various Omegas of which my 1971 Speedmaster Proff MkII is my favourite.
    I know it's original, as I bought it brand new at the time, and it was a hard choice between this and the MkI which was worn on the moon but I liked the look of the MkII better than the MkI at the time.
    I also have a few Breitlings and Tags, but the picture below is my favourite watch.

Can anyone here tell me what time etc it is saying, or know anything about its maker?

My-watch.jpg
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Going Cold Blooded
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, my pride and joy is the Breitling Emergency with the coral orange face. Haven't used the emergency transmitter yet. Brought it back in 01. Otherwise a stack of G-Shock's in my top drawer at home.
    Canon 7D Mark II

Adam Brice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by outstar79 View Post
    Yep, my pride and joy is the Breitling Emergency with the coral orange face. Haven't used the emergency transmitter yet. Brought it back in 01. Otherwise a stack of G-Shock's in my top drawer at home.
    I would hope you would never have to use it haha

brilliant invention though to include a distress beacon with a watch for civilian and military personnel alike

Going Cold Blooded
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Tran View Post
    I would hope you would never have to use it haha

brilliant invention though to include a distress beacon with a watch for civilian and military personnel alike
    A great invention it certainly is! Would like to know if it actually works though Check response times and that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by outstar79 View Post
    A great invention it certainly is! Would like to know if it actually works though Check response times and that.
    I have heard of 2 British military pilots activating it after a crash, and the rescue team was able to home in on the signals. Its not as overly strong as the signals on a TACBE radio the special forces carry where it can be picked up half way around the world, but the Breitling I have read has a range of up to 100km apparently. Will be very hard to find in a maritime environment, but if someone is using it in a combat theatre/area of operation it would be a lot easier to find.

Bear Grylls wears an Emergency too, so thats a win

Going Cold Blooded
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Tran View Post
    I have heard of 2 British military pilots activating it after a crash, and the rescue team was able to home in on the signals. Its not as overly strong as the signals on a TACBE radio the special forces carry where it can be picked up half way around the world, but the Breitling I have read has a range of up to 100km apparently. Will be very hard to find in a maritime environment, but if someone is using it in a combat theatre/area of operation it would be a lot easier to find.

Bear Grylls wears an Emergency too, so thats a win
    I brought this primarily as a dress watch just before my wedding while I was in the Army, it's still going strong and I don't think I'll ever get rid of it.

Bear would have a few I'm guessing, he must put his watches through the paces!
    Last edited by outstar79; 29-12-2011 at 8:35pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been a long time since this thread has had any love so here goes....

No.1

No.2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123