Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Sigma 18-125 f3.8-5.6 EX DG

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigma 18-125 f3.8-5.6 EX DG

Wondering if any members had experience with the Canon mount Sigma 18-125mm EX DG as a general purpose lens? The fact that it is not an f2.8 lens wouldn't matter to me, I was just interested in your views on this and perhaps an alternative lens of the same or another maker?
    Richard
    I've been wrong before!! Happy to have constructive criticism though.Gear used Canon 50D, 7D & 5DMkII plus expensive things hanging off their fronts and of course a "nifty fifty".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one here in Pentax mount, its a very decent travel lens and with decent sharpness too - basically nothing is exceptional about it but nothing is that bad about it. Only thing I can point out is the typical warm Sigma colour cast associated with some of their zoom lenses sometimes.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Tran View Post
    I have one here in Pentax mount, its a very decent travel lens and with decent sharpness too - basically nothing is exceptional about it but nothing is that bad about it. Only thing I can point out is the typical warm Sigma colour cast associated with some of their zoom lenses sometimes.
    Thanks for this post, after I posted the initial thread I did a bit more research on this lens and the reviews I saw were far from glowing although not all that bad. Interesting comment about the warm colour cast, I had not heard of this before, I guess this could be corrected with the white balance settings?

Anyway I will give it a bit more research before I decide what to buy, thanks again
    Richard

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tamron SP AF 28-75mm

Wondering now if any AP members had experience with the Tamron 28-75 as a general purpose lens, research on the Sigma mentioned above is not stacking up all that well and not sure which way to go now?

Some reviews show the Canon 28-135mm to be as good or better (than Tamron) and is an IS model at about the same money....any ideas folks
    Richard