User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Where to buy a 7D in Melbourne?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where to buy a 7D in Melbourne?

Please move if this is in the wrong place or delete if im breaching any rules thanks mods

I'm looking to buy a new Canon 7d (not gray) body only on Friday the 16th in Melbourne i will have around $2000 to spend could stretch it another $200
    I would just buy from a Site Sponsor but i need it for that Saturday and will only have the money by Friday so its going to be a last minute rush down to Melbourne.
    So if anyone knows a good place that will have them in stock I would much appreciate your help
    Cheers
    Darren
    Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated

Canon 7D Gripped | Canon 350D Gripped | 50mm f/1.8 II | EF-S 18-55mm | Tamron 70-300mm
    Coming soon Canon EF-S 17-55MM f2.8 IS USM | Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8L USM

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your best trying the shops along Elizabeth St, there are a couple of places off there too.

Roo
    Call me Roo......
    Nikon D300s, Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Af-S, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 70-200VRII 2.8, Sigma 105 Macro, Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Tokina 12-24mm, Sb-600, D50, Nikon 1.7 T/C, Gitzo CF Monopod

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try price matching amongst the usual Elizabeth Street stores or to fit your existing budget both Vanbar and DCW come close for Canon Aus. stock.

http://www.vanbar.com.au/catalogue/product.php?id=70049

http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.co...egory577_1.htm
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others have said, elizabeth street is the place to head. Michaels camera house is the largest and I think your best bet for bargaining down prices would be the JB HIFI camera store at 261 elizabeth street. Don't be afraid to bargain with any of the stores there, they are all within 100m of each other and are aware that if they don't get your sale the chances are you will just walk next door and buy there.
    If you can make it really clear you are definately purchasing a camera that day it will help with how much you can get them down, again if they know you will be spending the cash that day regardless, they will try even harder to get your sale.
    -My Gear:
    Nikon D600 -/- Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 -/- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR -/- Nikon SB800 -/- and a bunch of accessories

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to Elizabeth Street, Michaels and Ted's wouldn't price match, they said I was being offered camera and lens below market price.

JB Hifi, Camera House and another one (can't remember the name) all gave me the price I wanted. I decided to go with camera house, I got the camera body for $2000 and the 15-85 IS lens for $1000.

Harvey Norman was selling this combo for around $3700 at the time.

7D / 15-85 IS / 50mm f/1.8 II / 400d, Twin lens kit / 580EX II / Velbon Tripod

27" iMac i7 / Aperture 3

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys looks like I have lots of options down there.
    How much do you think I can bargain ? Might try for a free 8gb cf card

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definately Elizabeth st. JB Hifi there gave me the price I wanted on my lens after doing the rounds last week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we still have the 7D Canon Australia stock for $2060 if you don't mind having it delivered to your home rather then having to make your way down to the store..

http://nightgroove.com.au/product_in...oducts_id=1034

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agree with everyone else Elizabeth st is the go, but use the phone to ring around the suggested stores and get the best price, then go to 'JB Hi-FI camera store' on Elizabeth and they will price match..