Well first of all, I am fairly new to photography. I've been using a Canon EOS 500 film SLR and a Holga 135BC and I'm getting a bit annoyed with having to wait for the film to be developed to see the results while I'm still learning how everything works, so I've decided to get a DSLR. I've spent the last two weeks researching and I've decided I want to get the Nikon D90 + 18-105 VR kit (the 18-55 VR lens looks good too though). I had a few questions about prices etc.:
1. Is it worth buying grey imports (from Citiwide more specifically) over local Aus stores?
2. Where can I get the best price for this kit in Aus at the moment?
- There is a $200 cashback deal with Nikon until August 31st
- If I can get Officeworks to price match, I've got a Coles staff discount card which will save 5%
- Also, I'm really not much of a haggler. Hopefully this wont be too much of a problem!
3. I don't know much about SD cards. What would you recommend for under say... $40? (I wont be doing any sporting photography so I don't think I'll need anything too fast)
4. I have read on the internet that there may be a replacement to the D90 coming out soon. Will the D90 drop in price when the replacement comes out? If so, is it worth waiting for?