User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  22
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shutter speed and water : Example

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The few times I've experimented with slower shutter speeds and water, (not often as I don't have a tripod yet so it is an awkward process where I have to put my jacket on a rock somewhere and then try to nestle the camera in it) I didn't go nearly so slow. Maybe 1/8 second at the most.

I agree that the above looks better at 1/500 but I'm keen now to try again somewhere with a really slow shot (yet another indication that I need my tripod sooner rather than later).
    Panasonic GH2 --- Pana 7-14mm --- Pana 100-300mm --- Pana f1.7/20mm --- Panaleica f2.8/45mm macro --- Pana 14-45mm
    Canon G10 when I want to pocket it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent post showing the two variations with the settings included
    cheers
    andy smylie

“It’s not the subject that you are photographing – it’s the light that is falling on the subject. That’s what’s important..” Vincent Versace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good demonstration.

Interesting...Im wondering if setting a negative exposure is effective in combatting overexposure (and the need for CPL etc) due to slow shutter speed?

Shore Crawler
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not quite sure what you mean - If I'm hearing you right, if you set the exposure bias negative on AV mode, you'll end up with a faster shutter speed which would result in more freezing of the water.
    I use a CPL for water shots for a few reasons - one of them is to help with slowing the shutter, the others are if I want to see through the water or reduce glare and reflection off wet rocks.
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234