Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
When I was in NZ at the course I wnt to, the leaders had 7Ds for some of the people who came cameraless. It did appear to have good features, the Live View is far more useful than I had previously realised, allowing you to szoom in to check focus etc. The images produced that I saw on the course seemed of very good quality. Some were taken in low light but as we were all using tripods the ISO may have been set low.

It really comes down to you and your photography. If you plan to do a lot of low light work it might not be for you. But if not, and if your low light work can be done on a tripod (eg dawn/dusk/night shots) then it may not be an issue.

Have you though about hiring one and giving it a good test drive? That may answer all your questions.
Thanks for the comments. Yep for sure, I have heard a lot of great comments and a few not so great but all around the noise side of things. Though the 400D is a far lesser camera, the noise over 400 iso drives me insane on low light shots. Go advise to rent I think and as the 7D is a tad more expensive I will be hiring one for a few days to see for myslef.

Thanks,

Mike