Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Tri-pod mounts

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tri-pod mounts

Wondering if any members can point me to a link or suggest a supplier who sells "NON-GENUINE" Canon tri-pod mounts to suit a Canon 70-200f4L lens?
    I have done a couple of brief searches on the internet with no success at all, the mount would only be used rarely so I don't think the expense of the genuine item is warranted. If anyone has one on AP which they are prepared to sell I might be interested in that also?
    Richard
    I've been wrong before!! Happy to have constructive criticism though.Gear used Canon 50D, 7D & 5DMkII plus expensive things hanging off their fronts and of course a "nifty fifty".

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Richard

I had this 'problem' a decade ago with my 100-300 lens, couldn't get an OEM one easily or at reasonable cost
    Went to a local 'small-job shop', fella with a lathe and a few tools, who measured the lens barrel, etc etc and made up a collar from a nylon block, beautifully made, tripod screw inset on the bottom ... worked beautifully
    Cost me about $55 I think, money well spent at the time

dunno whether this will help - hope so
    Regards, Phil
    Of all the stuff in a busy photographers kitbag, the ability to see photographically is the most important
    google me at Travelling School of Photography
    images.: flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hold the phone folks, think I might have found exactly what I was looking for, sorry to bother you all
    Richard