User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Lenses Please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a set of extension tubes, cost me $140, and i carry them every where, can make almost any lens you have magnify more, and give you a "cheap" macro lens, i have taken all of my macro shots with my normal lenses with the tubes on them

just be aware though that some lenses, as they have some built in macro abilty, will only focus with extension tubes when the thing being photographed is INSIDE the lens...

my example is this shot...

taken with a 24-70 F2.8L at 70mm using a 12mm extension tube, i was trying to orginally not crop the dandelion, so i was using my 10-22 F3.5-4.5 but while trying to get focus, i realised i was pressing up against the dandelion...

the dragon fly shot was taken with my 70-200 F2.8L at 140mm also with a 12mm extension tube...

so it is a "cheap" way of trying it before you buy very expensive lenses that have limited uses...

M
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.pbase.com/mcphotographics loooots of pictures!
    hmmm Eq list... 1D II, 5D II, 7D, 100-400 LIS F4.5-5.6, 70-200 F2.8L, 135 F2, 85 F1.8, 24-70 F2.8L, 16-35 F2.8L, 420EX, 580EX II x2 ST-E2 Cir polar filters and much much more all in a neat back pack that kills my back!

Adobe CS5
    Week 16 Sheep Winner
    If you have a question about car / action / sports photography or Canon Cameras PM me...

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like those photo's. Yes I can see there are options to try first. There is now plenty to think about.

Thanks everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubmanmc View Post
    I have a set of extension tubes, ....
    just be aware though that some lenses, as they have some built in macro abilty, will only focus with extension tubes when the thing being photographed is INSIDE the lens...
    I remember focusing on dust on the front of one of my lenses when I had a set of tubes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Shiela and @Clubmanmc
    Those are some nice shots with some tubes. Especially like the dragonfly one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12