Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After a Canon Lens recommendation

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having used the 24-105 for some time now I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Camera bodies go out of fashion but lenses are something that last for years if you keep them clean and well looked after.

For the extra cash I think it would be a mistake to buy cheap and then in 12 months time suddenly decide "I wish I'd put the extra money into the 24-105". Tough decision but buy for the long term
    Richard
    I've been wrong before!! Happy to have constructive criticism though.Gear used Canon 50D, 7D & 5DMkII plus expensive things hanging off their fronts and of course a "nifty fifty".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by etherial View Post
    People, please remember the OP's budget. It is very easy for us all to sit back and say buy the 24-105, and I'm sure if people had the money they would but they are $1200!
    The OP did specifically ask if the 24-105 was worth the extra though. People who are recommending it are just saying "yes" I guess.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as posters offering advice consider the price difference then fair enough, but double the price is a big gap and for what? Maximum aperture is a bit each way, and as far as image quality, well that is hard to put a price on. I think when offering advice, we should also be saying why we recommend the things we do.

Personally given what information we have about the intended use and the assumed level of the photographer, I think it is hard to justify double the cost. Happy to hear the opinions of others though!
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12