Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New President of AAPP(WA) is a Pentaxian

Spammer - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope that more camera shops in Australia show Pentax gear on their shelves. Especially big retailers like Harvey Norman and JB Hifi.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boblitch View Post
    Falcons, Pentax gave me a K7 to test for 3 weeks before its official launch, it's a great camera, a brand new sensor from the K20 D although still the same number of MP, a very quite shutter, upgraded battery
    bright screen & video capabilities.

Unfortunately, I had to give it back...

I also had a drive of the new Paentax 6 45 a few days ago, very impressive using a Hassleblad 30 MP sensor, and estimated to retail with a 55mm lens for around $15,000 , so save your $s.
    it will be interesting to see test results when it's launched, as it is going to be favourably comparable with M Formate cameras of 3 x that price.
    Hi and welcome Bob, just to clarify a few things in your post. The sensor in the Pentax 645 is 40MP, not 30 and is made by Kodak not Hasselblad.
    Last edited by ricktas; 31-07-2010 at 11:06am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi fellow Pentaxians,
    Great to be here with so many like minded people & thanks to Falcons for posting the info on the AAPP National in Perth. Much appreciated.
    Unfortunately, due to low registrations from those folks over East it's been moved to Adelaide next month. (Sept 6 &7)
    Naturally the team in Perth are disappointed, but life goes on & we are already planning for next year, so watch our WA web site www.aappwa.com.au for details. It's a brand new site which we innovative members in WA decided was needed to keep things up to date. The details of the convention were all up there including registration forms to down load.
    We have today pulled down that info & will be loading member information etc. over the next few weeks.

Anyhow, thanks again Falcons for the plug....
    Cheers,
    Bob.
    Hello Bob -can you please clarify what has been moved to Adelaide on the 6&7th of Sept?

Thanks.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also had a drive of the new Pentax 645 a few days ago, very impressive using a Hassleblad 30 MP sensor, and estimated to retail with a 55mm lens for around $15,000 , so save your $s.
    it will be interesting to see test results when it's launched, as it is going to be favourably comparable with M Formate cameras of 3 x that price.
    Errr...
    40MP Kodak sensor? Check the specs
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/1003/10...pentax645d.asp
    http://www.pentax.jp/english/news/2010/201008.html

Test results are out there (google is your friend)
    You can buy one now at lower prices via Japan today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master12 View Post
    I hope that more camera shops in Australia show Pentax gear on their shelves. Especially big retailers like Harvey Norman and JB Hifi.
    Amen to that! Even the dedicated camera stores up here have hardly any Pentax stock...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12