User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: New President of AAPP(WA) is a Pentaxian

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    03 Jul 2008
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    158
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    New President of AAPP(WA) is a Pentaxian

    Went to the local camera club meeting last night to check it out, they had Bob Litchfield as a guest speaker who was promoting the fact that WA will be holding the National convention of the AAPP this year.

    I was pleasantly suprised to see a big Pentax sticker on his folder and even more suprised to learn that the new president of AAPP(WA) uses Pentax equipment professioally.

    Her's a link to his site
    http://www.boblitchfieldphotographer.com.au/biography
    There are two types of people in this world -
    West Perth supporters and the misguided.

    Pentax K7 - Pentax DA 16-45mm F4, DA L 55-300mm, SMC M 50mm F1.7, SMC M 28mm F2.8

  2. #2
    It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Kym's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Jun 2008
    Location
    Modbury, Adelaide
    Posts
    9,641
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense!

    http://www.aapp.com.au/ They need to update their web site
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff



  3. #3
    Member
    Threadstarter

    Join Date
    03 Jul 2008
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    158
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    Makes sense!

    http://www.aapp.com.au/ They need to update their web site
    They certainly do!! A national convention for the AAPP is happening in Perth this August and no mention of it on their website - not good!

    Probably need more Pentaxians on board

  4. #4
    Administrator ricktas's Avatar
    Join Date
    24 Jun 2007
    Location
    Hobart
    Posts
    15,650
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcons View Post
    They certainly do!! A national convention for the AAPP is happening in Perth this August and no mention of it on their website - not good!

    Probably need more Pentaxians on board
    More? Where from. All three of you are mentioned in this thread.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

    Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

    RICK
    My Photography

  5. #5
    Member David Kembrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Jul 2007
    Location
    Lemon Tree Passage
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    More? Where from. All three of you are mentioned in this thread.
    I resent that as I hace not posted here yet

    Speaking of Pentax, how is everyone finding the K7, as its tax time again, might be looking at buying one and using the K10D as a second body.
    C&C most welcome, please if reworks are made post what adjustments etc have been made so I can learn from them

    Thanks

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    25 Sep 2008
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    665
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All self respecting Presidents use Pentax - I certainly do!

  7. #7
    It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Kym's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Jun 2008
    Location
    Modbury, Adelaide
    Posts
    9,641
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    More? Where from. All three of you are mentioned in this thread.
    These members have Pentax in their sig or UserCP profile...

    11TCo; abstractnic; Adam; Adam S; afristralian; airphotog; Andrew M Sully; angry; Annalah; antenor; aussiecanonboy; AussieG; baldrick; bazzap; Beankay; Big Red; Blads; blbk; BLWNHR; Briandh; Brishawk; Bryan; bulsara; bushpig; bzkit; Camerapro; campdog; canman98; Charbuque; chrisg; Cicolid; Clarky; Cort500; cosmicap; crashpolaroid; CrazyNuts; cruro02; Culhwch; cupic; dack46; Danielle; dannypics; Darn; David Kembrey; David Loh; davidsue; ddhytz; DeaconZane; Derek-C; dokker; dosdan; Doug B; driftr; eccentriq; Echidna; Ellen; esti_ingi; Evil_Robot_Santa; Falcons; flash1100; floyd; frasersphotos; Gav1n; geedee; GerryK; goddo31; Googlah; gordon brook; gordon_l34; grawat; grogreen2001; grw46; habro; Hayden1993; heath.carson; heycosta; Humps n Bumps; Hydra_ADL; iwill; James T; janjuc; Jason Dunstone; Jasond; JayR; Jeanette; Jester; jibbonpoint; Joel; johneb47; jthommo; juant2c; JulesJ; Julien; JustinK10D; Kaz; kdhupar; KevPride; kirstjae; kljucd1; knumbnutz; ksh; KWILD; Kym; kyteflyer; Lady Phoenix; landteacher; lens-flair; letherm; livearts; Lost My Box; LynA; macondo; maishy; Martin E; martismo; Master12; Mat; meglet; mel6664; midu; milesy; Millzie; minsky; mithrandir; mongo; motox; mudman; NatV; NextPagePhoto; Nicholas N; Nomes; NorthStar; olefella; Outback; Outback Flyer; Outoflipsync; Ozzi Paul; parkesy; Philh; phil_rallycars; Phoenix; Planted; ppeter; Prang; ProFX; Que; rachel1612; reaction; red99td5; reece86; rene52; Rhyski; RicG; Richard Wilson; ricstew; rigby; robma47; roentarre; Roof; rortiz; russellw; rykal; scheery; servaasproducts; Sharie; shutterbug; Skywings; Smakked; smallfooties; smp; Sonnenwind; StanW; Styga; sugarcourt; Sunshinegrl; TasLee; Teefa; Terryw; Theresa Avery; tim71; Tonto; Topgunn; TREVOR; trublubiker; tuxcomputers; Tyneita; Vasco; Vernon; VK743; Wazza999; wazzam; wedgtail; WhoDo; willy1818; wwwmorrell; yarnella; ynuiboy; zee; Zoe; zoomlentil

  8. #8
    Member
    Threadstarter

    Join Date
    03 Jul 2008
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    158
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Kembrey View Post
    I resent that as I hace not posted here yet

    Speaking of Pentax, how is everyone finding the K7, as its tax time again, might be looking at buying one and using the K10D as a second body.
    I'm not a Pro photog just a learner still, but I am very happy with the K7 which is my second Pentax after owning the *istDS - only problem is the new sensor shows up the short comings of my more pedestrian sigma lenses.

  9. #9
    Member
    Threadstarter

    Join Date
    03 Jul 2008
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    158
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    These members have Pentax in their sig or UserCP profile...

    11TCo; abstractnic; Adam; Adam S; afristralian; airphotog; Andrew M Sully; angry; Annalah; antenor; aussiecanonboy; AussieG; baldrick; bazzap; Beankay; Big Red; Blads; blbk; BLWNHR; Briandh; Brishawk; Bryan; bulsara; bushpig; bzkit; Camerapro; campdog; canman98; Charbuque; chrisg; Cicolid; Clarky; Cort500; cosmicap; crashpolaroid; CrazyNuts; cruro02; Culhwch; cupic; dack46; Danielle; dannypics; Darn; David Kembrey; David Loh; davidsue; ddhytz; DeaconZane; Derek-C; dokker; dosdan; Doug B; driftr; eccentriq; Echidna; Ellen; esti_ingi; Evil_Robot_Santa; Falcons; flash1100; floyd; frasersphotos; Gav1n; geedee; GerryK; goddo31; Googlah; gordon brook; gordon_l34; grawat; grogreen2001; grw46; habro; Hayden1993; heath.carson; heycosta; Humps n Bumps; Hydra_ADL; iwill; James T; janjuc; Jason Dunstone; Jasond; JayR; Jeanette; Jester; jibbonpoint; Joel; johneb47; jthommo; juant2c; JulesJ; Julien; JustinK10D; Kaz; kdhupar; KevPride; kirstjae; kljucd1; knumbnutz; ksh; KWILD; Kym; kyteflyer; Lady Phoenix; landteacher; lens-flair; letherm; livearts; Lost My Box; LynA; macondo; maishy; Martin E; martismo; Master12; Mat; meglet; mel6664; midu; milesy; Millzie; minsky; mithrandir; mongo; motox; mudman; NatV; NextPagePhoto; Nicholas N; Nomes; NorthStar; olefella; Outback; Outback Flyer; Outoflipsync; Ozzi Paul; parkesy; Philh; phil_rallycars; Phoenix; Planted; ppeter; Prang; ProFX; Que; rachel1612; reaction; red99td5; reece86; rene52; Rhyski; RicG; Richard Wilson; ricstew; rigby; robma47; roentarre; Roof; rortiz; russellw; rykal; scheery; servaasproducts; Sharie; shutterbug; Skywings; Smakked; smallfooties; smp; Sonnenwind; StanW; Styga; sugarcourt; Sunshinegrl; TasLee; Teefa; Terryw; Theresa Avery; tim71; Tonto; Topgunn; TREVOR; trublubiker; tuxcomputers; Tyneita; Vasco; Vernon; VK743; Wazza999; wazzam; wedgtail; WhoDo; willy1818; wwwmorrell; yarnella; ynuiboy; zee; Zoe; zoomlentil
    Pentax is certainly cementing a spot as the #3 in regards to DSLR Camera Sales and is steadily building a solid user base.
    Don't forget Pentax was #1 once before and it may very well be #1 again.

  10. #10
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    23 Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    391
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    These members have Pentax in their sig or UserCP profile...
    Wow, that's about 2% of members

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    12 May 2009
    Location
    Cronulla
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep running into people like myself that became Pentaxians from Ricoh, XR-M specifically, when they went out of SLR manufacture. A great camera. I'd still use it tody if it had a digiback.

  12. #12
    It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Kym's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Jun 2008
    Location
    Modbury, Adelaide
    Posts
    9,641
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcons View Post
    Pentax is certainly cementing a spot as the #3 in regards to DSLR Camera Sales and is steadily building a solid user base.
    Don't forget Pentax was #1 once before and it may very well be #1 again.
    Things are getting better under Hoya management. Pentax are doing extremely well
    in their medical, optical and scientific products.
    Camera's are also back in profit and market share is on the up

    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasyphoto View Post
    Wow, that's about 2% of members
    Not all have put gear in their sigs or profile. So it is much more.

  13. #13
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    23 Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    391
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    .......Not all have put gear in their sigs or profile. So it is much more.
    I can understand their reluctance to make it known publicly

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    25 Sep 2008
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    665
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasyphoto View Post
    I can understand their reluctance to make it known publicly
    O.K. then.....

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    22 Jun 2010
    Location
    Lake Macquarie
    Posts
    4,883
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym
    .......Not all have put gear in their sigs or profile. So it is much more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasyphoto View Post
    I can understand their reluctance to make it known publicly
    Baiting mods is NOT considered a survival skill; even with tongue firmly in cheek it's still only the cheek that shows!
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 | D7000 | Nikkor AF-S 18-55 DX 1:3.5-5.6G | Nikkor AF-S 55-300 DX 1:4.5-5.6 G ED | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...
    My Flickr images ...

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    12 Feb 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,831
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not heard of aapp before

    I'd rather a pentax than a canon personally
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Website : http://www.peakactionimages.com
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

  17. #17
    Ausphotography Veteran
    Join Date
    08 Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,303
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see there's a bit of Pentax sledging going on.

    Sorry guys, but I don't believe in Pentax jokes; I've seen too many of them marketed as cameras.

  18. #18
    Member boblitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jul 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi fellow Pentaxians,
    Great to be here with so many like minded people & thanks to Falcons for posting the info on the AAPP National in Perth. Much appreciated.
    Unfortunately, due to low registrations from those folks over East it's been moved to Adelaide next month. (Sept 6 &7)
    Naturally the team in Perth are disappointed, but life goes on & we are already planning for next year, so watch our WA web site www.aappwa.com.au for details. It's a brand new site which we innovative members in WA decided was needed to keep things up to date. The details of the convention were all up there including registration forms to down load.
    We have today pulled down that info & will be loading member information etc. over the next few weeks.

    Anyhow, thanks again Falcons for the plug....
    Cheers,
    Bob.

  19. #19
    Member boblitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jul 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Falcons, Pentax gave me a K7 to test for 3 weeks before its official launch, it's a great camera, a brand new sensor from the K20 D although still the same number of MP, a very quite shutter, upgraded battery
    bright screen & video capabilities.

    Unfortunately, I had to give it back...

    I also had a drive of the new Paentax 6 45 a few days ago, very impressive using a Hassleblad 30 MP sensor, and estimated to retail with a 55mm lens for around $15,000 , so save your $s.
    it will be interesting to see test results when it's launched, as it is going to be favourably comparable with M Formate cameras of 3 x that price.

  20. #20
    Member
    Threadstarter

    Join Date
    03 Jul 2008
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    158
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boblitch View Post
    Falcons, Pentax gave me a K7 to test for 3 weeks before its official launch, it's a great camera, a brand new sensor from the K20 D although still the same number of MP, a very quite shutter, upgraded battery
    bright screen & video capabilities.

    Unfortunately, I had to give it back...

    I also had a drive of the new Paentax 6 45 a few days ago, very impressive using a Hassleblad 30 MP sensor, and estimated to retail with a 55mm lens for around $15,000 , so save your $s.
    it will be interesting to see test results when it's launched, as it is going to be favourably comparable with M Formate cameras of 3 x that price.
    Great to see you here on Ausphotography. Would love to have had a play with the 645D if you ever have that oportunity again and you want an assistant for free that day - give me a yell.

    Pity about the Perth conference being called off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •