User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which agreement ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure all agreed - I thought that the question was fairly well done and dusted so I thought I'd throw in a little left turn there for the sake if interesting discussion...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh its an interesting point - I dont disagree with that.

But I doubt many brides would be too interested to agree that before the wedding.

And this is where I as a commercial photographer always have the most work, and that is that I doubt the wedding venue would be too keen if they were considering this before they had anything concrete to view.
    William

www.longshots.com.au

I am the PhotoWatchDog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    makes one ponder whether most brides would even read it, which is probably why its there like that in the first place
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks heaps for kicking this around.

I'll be sure to get a model release before I hand over any shots to the venue. Mind you this was a government site and I think they wont publish anything without the signed release.

A little further down the line ... if/after I get the release, do I hold onto this and file it away for legal keepsakes? Do I have then provide a copy of this to any 3rd party?

Thanks again,

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I spoke to happy couple told them exactly what I and the venue proposed to do with some shots and they are very happy for me to sell them if I can ... gratis ... !!! I told me them I need signed model release for this to happen and they are still very happy ... I guess sometimes you just strike it lucky ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An excellent outcome David. As a suggestion, although they said they would sign a release "gratis", the both as a matter of goodwill and a little bit of foundation, that you supply them with a complimentary print or small gift ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    William, are you saying you would do that to establish consideration from a contractual point of view ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    William, are you saying you would do that to establish consideration from a contractual point of view ?

Well spotted Darren From a doing the right thing - its both nice (they will appreciate it), and if something went sour years later, you have given them something for their agreement, so there is unlikely to any contesting in the future.

But the best reason is that they will appreciate it, and tell other prospective clients

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from being a bit of a backside covering exercise .. I agree its a nice gesture, and think that most newlyweds would be greatly appreciative, and will tell their friends. Good business I reckon.
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12