User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Professional photos Question?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Professional photos Question?

I find that most of the portrait photographer's images that I see are always too bright, or overly bright. I noticed it first in photos I got done, and then I have since noticed itin a lot of so called "professional" photographers work. Is this something that is considered normal? Is it what is wanted, or is it just inexperience or bad lighting. i might mention that I notice it almost always in outdoor photos, so is it just because there is no other option due to the harsh sun or what?

Sorry for the babbling. I could post examples if you do nto understand what i mean, but I would rather not, as I would feel like I am Critising their work, when really I am just curious.
    Canon 600D + Tamron 90mm Macro DI f2.8 + 50mm 1.8 II + 75-300mm + 18-55mm IS II + 430 EX II
    My Life In Frames

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can post LINKS to examples if you like, but you cannot post another person's photography directly onto AP as an image. Doing so is a breach of their copyright over their work.

I think you need to post some link examples to show us what you mean.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A follow up question for Ricki - wouldn't posting photos (presumably photos not already on AP?) in this context be covered by fair dealing exceptions to copyright, provided the tog/source were acknowledged?
    SA

Canon 7D | Canon 30D | EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 | EF 50mm f/1.4 | EF 70-200mm f/2.8L (non-IS) | 580EX II

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is one example. scroll down tot he ones of the little boy in the elf outfit. They just seem so bright, and I have seen it from a lot of paid photographers

http://anewmanphotography.blogspot.c...max-results=33

I just wanted to add that \i know this lady, and I do really likeher work, but she is just one of the first ppl i could think of as an example as she did family portraits for us.
    Last edited by AndreaB; 25-06-2010 at 4:02pm.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowA View Post
    A follow up question for Ricki - wouldn't posting photos (presumably photos not already on AP?) in this context be covered by fair dealing exceptions to copyright, provided the tog/source were acknowledged?
    NO. If you use someone else's photo without their permission, even if you acknowledge them as the 'author', you are breaching copyright. Linking to their website is allowed cause you are only directing people to their own site, not taking a copy and using it elsewhere.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is a better example scroll down the the burton family. Those are the portraits she did of my family. Even when we were in the shade, the photos are processed to be very bright and I have seen a few others do it too.

http://anewmanphotography.blogspot.c...1_archive.html

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep I see what you mean, almost to the stage of being "blown out", not my cup of tea but then I'm not a pro!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Back to Andrea. That is a 'style' of photography that has become popular in recent years. Very bright skin, with over-saturated colours in some parts of the photos. It is something that a lot of clients ask for (cause it is popular). Sort of like selective colouring in wedding photography a few years back.

So it is currently fashionable and as such it is sought by many parents, however, as you know there are alternate processing styles and give it a few years and the trends will shift.

Barb, from Jinky Art was a pioneer in this processing methodology and she has done very well out of it. She is a highly regarded and sought after photographer.
    Last edited by ricktas; 25-06-2010 at 4:17pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its simply a high key look, they are not overexposed, it's just a style in vogue.
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oops, what rick said, lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged