Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Photoshop - education vs full version

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photoshop - education vs full version

Howdy all.
    I'm looking at upgrading from photoshop CS to either CS3 or lightroom 2. Just wondering what the main differences are between the 'educational' versions vs. the 'full versions'???

Is it purely licencing? i.e. I shouldn't use it for commercial purposes? or are there any other differences to the programs?

Also, I'm looking at CS3 as I can get it a fair bit cheaper then CS4, I presume there's not a whole lot of difference between the two? Anyone want to convince me otherwise? or push me towards lightroom 2? I think I can get CS3 a fair bit cheaper than lightroom 2 as well...

ta!
    Pentax K20D - Sigma 10-20mmf3.5 - Sigma 18-55mm & 50 - 200mm kits - Pentax A Series 50mm f1.7 - Hoya CPL Filter & Hoya ND8 Filter & Dodgy tripod that does the trick for now!
    CC of my photo's is welcome!
    http://www.wix.com/gavandheather/Web-page

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lightroom 3 is out

There's no education version, so, it's just licencing

There's been a forest killed to document differences between CS3 and CS4, but, whether you need the improvements really just depends on your useage.

LR is not a replacement of CS, they are complimentary as well as mutually exclusive
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gavin, the educational version is a fully functioning version of the software, can only be loaded on 1 computer, as against 2 for the retail version and cannot be used for any commercial purposes.

You will have to have a student ID or teacher registration to get a serial number though, as there is not one included in the box, only instructions on how to get a number
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been tolled the difference between the two (CS3 & CS4) is CS4 is more for Graphic Design. CS5 is the way to go. From one that has CS4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gavin sorry but you can load CS4 2 times on two different computers (on the educational version).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gavin sorry but you can load CS4 2 times on two different computers (on the educational version)
    Yes - and you get 2 licences with Education Package of CS5 as well. Student Package of CS5 is available for $179 now
    Graham

Canon- EOS 7D with BG-E7 grip, 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, 24-105L f/4; Speedlites 580EX II, 550EX, 430EX.
    Sigma- 18-50 f/2.8, 50-150 f/2.8, 120-300 f/2.8, 50-500 f/4.5-6.3 APO DG OS, 30 f/1.4, 150 f/2.8 macro, Sigma APO 1.4x and 2x Teleconverters;
    Kenko Extension tubes; Benro- M-257 tripod & B-1 ballhead; Wimberley- Sidekick.
    Home made "bag" on wheels; heaps and heaps of other minor stuff!