Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wide-Angle Advice Please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJT View Post
    I know your post is asking about wide angle, but I am wondering if you are after Ultra Wide or just wide.
    Is it just for the kids / parties / general day to day photos that you want the lens for.
    If that is the case you may be better with say a 17-50. Or if your like your prime lens a 35mm f/1.8 or f/2. Sorry if I'm taking you down a different path. Just making sure your going in the right direction that's all.
    Thats a very good point mate .... If your primary use for the lens is going to be the kiddies indoors, a Tamron 17-50 2.8 or a 35mm 1.8 of some variety are worth considering. The Tamron is a fantastic bang for your buck lens. You might find that a 10-20 or similar will give for a fair bit of barrel distortion if working in tight spaces. You dont want your kids looking like coneheads
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I went to look at the 10-24mm today and it ended up being a Tamron. Bit peeved, because it wasn't listed as a Tamron on the website....

DJT - I am definitely open to suggestions. I would love a lens that could be used for the kiddies indoors, and a 35mm 1.4 has been on my wishlist from the get go. I just did some reading about the Tamron 17-50 and I am all about bang for buck at the moment. As a mother of two currently on maternity leave, I am quickly realising it's probably not the best stage of my life to take up photography as a hobby

I do like the creative aspect of the UWA's. Indoors, I can still use my 50mm to take shots of the kiddies....so I am still leaning towards the 10-20mm. Not making any rash decisions just yet though.
    Liz

Newbie with a D90 - 50mm f1.8 AF...trying to get my head around Lightroom 3 and Elements 8...CC more than welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a shame about the 10-24mm, if that was a Nikon it would have been a steal and served very well.

Also another note, I've heard good things about the Tamron 17-50mm too (along with arguments regarding the IQ of the non-VC vs the VC, which is better) and it isn't an expensive lens either. Sounds a lot like the Sigma 10-20mm

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least I know I will be happy either way with the 17-50 or the 10-20, and I will have some change left over for more stuff

I am glad that I just got the one lens to start with and waited until I knew what direction I wanted to go in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incidentally I also have the Tamron 17-50 VC and Nikon 35mm 1.8 if you need any advice on those...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12