Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone with a D3s in Brisbane?

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was having a think about this before and maybe, just maybe if you were to take the body (+lens) to an independent reputable camera repair facility and get them to verify in writing that a problem exists that you might then be able to go to the ACCC armed with Canon's report saying there is nothing wrong and
    the independent repair places report saying there is a problem and seek some sort of satisfaction along the lines that the camera is not fit for sale as it doesn't work as expected.

Possible?
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said this in another thread...I've actually been very impressed with the performance of the 7D. I'm quite happy to let it go up to ISO3200. Must say though that LR3 is much better at handling what noise is there.

Edit: Those images you have posted are disturbing, there must be something wrong with it. Andrews idea is a good one. Maybe you could meet up with someone with another 7D and shoot the same subjects to see if there is a difference, then present that to Canon.
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An example of ISO3200 from my 7D. Handheld indoors, F4 1/25s straight out of the camera as jpeg. The focus was on the closest horse (most of which is out of frame) by a focus and recompose shot. (Should have focused on the black one.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything Ive heard suggest that Nikon's service is probably worse than Canon. To get top service you probably need to be in CPS or NPS

LR's raw converter was rubbish, until you installed the specific camera profiles
    LR3 is much better in this regard - you can download a free 90 day trial

Re focussing, I do sport, I get 95% in what I call critical focus. Just not an issue

Canon IDIV also very good here though I hear from my pro sport mates about the place
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12