fantastic stuff, you're very clever!

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    fantastic stuff, you're very clever!
    Thanks - the new lens really helped a lot .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that should be Waihau bay in your vid clip. Wairau bay is on lake Rotoiti
    Des this is a really good series that has captured the Beauty of the East cape , a part of NZ that's not that well known. The new bits are working a treat!!.
    I'm Garry . Pentax K5 IIs + Kx, and a bag full of other gear.
    Critique is welcome as is PP with details.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43734466@N07/

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grw46 View Post
    I think that should be Waihau bay in your vid clip. Wairau bay is on lake Rotoiti
    Des this is a really good series that has captured the Beauty of the East cape , a part of NZ that's not that well known. The new bits are working a treat!!.
    I always get the names all mixed up !

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I donned my helmet cam and me and my mate who lives in Rotorua had a race down the luge .... plenty of crashing and pushing

The video

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly plenty of interesting images in your collection. Definately looks like a area worth visiting. The first one of the wharf on this page works quite well. We spent 2 weeks on the South Island around 12 months ago and I absolutley loved it. Certainly want to come back sometime and see everything we missed out on

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crum View Post
    Certainly plenty of interesting images in your collection. Definately looks like a area worth visiting. The first one of the wharf on this page works quite well. We spent 2 weeks on the South Island around 12 months ago and I absolutley loved it. Certainly want to come back sometime and see everything we missed out on
    That's my next goal - two weeks on the SI
    The scenery down there is amazing but I'm concerned I may not want to come home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOVE your photos .. got some beauties there. Also the commentary telling us about the trip to .. which I think is important and some folk often forget.

Can't go back and tell you which pics I like most .. but when you're are high up and looking down at umm Tolaga ? Bay or whatever .. and that long jetty .. and how the bay has some nice ripples on it which stretch quite a way across.

That really long windy road reminds me of when we lived in Cairns Qld and had to get to Atherton so went up the Gillies Highway .. very windy and when a passenger can get wheezy and feel sick .. I found as a driver it didn't effect me but as a passenger it did. Hubby didn't want to go back down that way so had to take a longer route home towards Kuranda and down that way.

I've only been to NZ and that was many years ago when I was 10yo so don't remember any of it. We stayed with my Uncle at the time and he later went on to own a kiwifruit farm.

Great photos and great memories for you, very lucky and talented just a bit dodgy driving on that video .. noticed you cut into the right hand lane as you made the right turn lol.
    Currently using Fuji Finepix S5800 with a view to buying my first DSLR in month or so.
    My Flickr

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by annainoz View Post
    LOVE your photos .. got some beauties there. Also the commentary telling us about the trip to .. which I think is important and some folk often forget.

Can't go back and tell you which pics I like most .. but when you're are high up and looking down at umm Tolaga ? Bay or whatever .. and that long jetty .. and how the bay has some nice ripples on it which stretch quite a way across.

That really long windy road reminds me of when we lived in Cairns Qld and had to get to Atherton so went up the Gillies Highway .. very windy and when a passenger can get wheezy and feel sick .. I found as a driver it didn't effect me but as a passenger it did. Hubby didn't want to go back down that way so had to take a longer route home towards Kuranda and down that way.

I've only been to NZ and that was many years ago when I was 10yo so don't remember any of it. We stayed with my Uncle at the time and he later went on to own a kiwifruit farm.

Great photos and great memories for you, very lucky and talented just a bit dodgy driving on that video .. noticed you cut into the right hand lane as you made the right turn lol.
    Thanks I get car-sick even when I'm driving so when there are no other cars on the road I use both sides of a windy road to make it as straight as possible

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love that wharf. Is there still a loco anywhere around there, or was it taken away? I think that will definitely be on my list for the North Island trip, when I eventually get there.

Is there accommodation there - a hostel or caravan park or anything?
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing Love them all..

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    Love that wharf. Is there still a loco anywhere around there, or was it taken away? I think that will definitely be on my list for the North Island trip, when I eventually get there.

Is there accommodation there - a hostel or caravan park or anything?
    Yep , holiday parks everywhere in New Zealand
    I don't know about the loco - might be worth doing a search though .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tolaga and Tokomaru Bays are about 50 and 80 km north of Gisborne. There is no railway line up the coast and I,m not aware of any old locos in the area. There are Pubs and motels in most of the population centers up the coast . If you where to do that trip go from the Gisborne end as that gives you the best perspective of the coastal scenery .I believe the road is all sealed now unlike the days when I travelled it twice a week in a truck and trailer.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345