Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are we doing wrong??

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't really help, but just wanted say how wonderful it is to see so much helpful, knowledgable and sensible advice. What a wonderful place AP is!

Roo
    Call me Roo......
    Nikon D300s, Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Af-S, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 70-200VRII 2.8, Sigma 105 Macro, Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Tokina 12-24mm, Sb-600, D50, Nikon 1.7 T/C, Gitzo CF Monopod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Susan - hope the phone call helped ?
    William

www.longshots.com.au

I am the PhotoWatchDog

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Susan

Like others, I have followed this thread with interest
    I admire you for posting the question in the first place - to open one's self like this is a very brave thing to do

And also if I may add my 2-bob's worth ... the old saying "work smarter, not necessarily harder"
    Your skills are/appear to be your photography & your organising (of events etc)

>> May I therefore suggest that you do the camera work, give 'em the CD and walk away from the job
    >> Give them a standard pamphlet for commercial printing - both pro & retail and let them do what they want with your images
    >> Tidy up your web site - on my laptop many colours & fine details are visually illegible - it doesn't help you get business
    >> Keep smiling & keep trying

Hope this helps a bit
    Regards, Phil
    Of all the stuff in a busy photographers kitbag, the ability to see photographically is the most important
    google me at Travelling School of Photography
    images.: flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

western suburbs of melbourne as of 13/5/2010
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing i would like to point out is your wording for the portait packaging is gonna cut your throat, some familys consist of 5 or more, limiting your portraits to 4 people and if there are more will incure a fee will have people looking elsewhere.

speaking from a family of 5's point of veiw here . if i seen that on a photographers site i would go looking elsewhere
    Canon 50d - 300d backup - 28/135mm IS usm - 50mm 1.8 - ettl flash - Assortmant of other stuff I hardly use
    I think a photography class should be a requirement in all educational programs because it makes you see the world rather than just look at it. ~Author Unknown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great thread... very informative... answered questions, I did not know I had.. .. even if I never set up a photography business which I had considered a possibilty for the future, I am more educated for reading this...and a big thanks to Susan for her post that started it.
    I have this silly idea, that I should actually go and take photos with all this photography gear I have already accumulated, before I collect any more!

See some of my photos here.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/David...5888662?ref=hl
    And my very randomly updated blog.
    http://davidarnold.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rellik666 View Post
    Can't really help, but just wanted say how wonderful it is to see so much helpful, knowledgable and sensible advice. What a wonderful place AP is!

Roo
    +1
    Justin

Samsung GX-10 (K10D) split prism focus screen and B/Grip| Pentax DA 18-55, M50 f1.7| Tamron SP 28-75 f2.8| Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6| Sigma EF-500DG Super Flash|
    Accessories- Cheapie Tripod, wired & IR remotes, Tamrac system3 bag, macro ext. tubes, etc|

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12