User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Where to find black carpet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where to find black carpet?

Does anyone know where one can buy black carpet from, preferably in Sydney?
    I don't need that much, only about 9-20square metres to go on the floor of my home studio, but none of the carpet majors seem to carry black.
    I see a lot of nice big black rugs that would suffice, except they all have bright colourful patterns smack in the middle of them, so if anyone knows where I can get a plain black rug from that would be great also.
    Canon 50D, 24-105L, 85L f1.2, 10-22, 50 f1.8, 580EX11, 430ex11,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could always dye the coloured parts back to black if you can't find something that suits your needs.
    Pentax K20D & Grip, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 DC Macro, Sigma APO 70-200 f2.8 EX DG HSM II, Metz Mecablitz 48 AF-1 flash, LowePro Flipside 300 backpack, Photoshop CS 5, Lightroom 3, Manfrotto Monopod & 498 RC2 Ball Head, GoldPhoto "Tracker" Tripod, Hoya CPL and UV filters, Yongnuo RF602 flash triggers.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the one's I've found are synthetic, makes dyeing hard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are special carpet dyes available ( google!) and also synthetic ones. Be a pain to do for that meterage.......very heavy and difficult to do. Maybe get the man to dye it if you have deep pockets.

Black will also be a pain to keep clean. Every little bit of thread and fluff will show up.
    Might be better to go for some black fabric that you could put over the floor when its needed. Black sucks up the light!
    cheers
    Jan

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had black carpet down in my wifes sewing room once..........only once...I will never use black carpet again anywhere, it was in the house when we bought the place, it shows everything and is impossible to keep clean....very quickly ripped it up and disposed of it....I would advise against the use of it, place black sheets or something similar down for the job at hand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silly as it sounds go and talk to the local motor trimmer. Black is a fairly standard colour for carpets in cars.
    The alternative is look at commercial carpet suppliers as they can do this sort of thing.
    The other option I know of is there are commercial carpet cleaners who are also able to dye carpets in place. You just have to keep off them for a short while.
    Peter.

Some of my photo's are at www.peterking.id.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bunnings hardware sell black carpet. I bought some a few years ago to put in the tub of my ute. I think it is intended for boats and cars.
    Andrew

Mostly Canon gear

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good suggestions, thanks fellas. Just found a guy on ebay selling black carpet squares.
    Might buy them and, if Flash is correct and I get sick of it in a hurry, won't be a drama to ditch it, or at least lift one up and give it a good shake to clean it.
    Much appreciated everybody!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried Bunnings, I am almost positive I saw a Black last time I was in the store up here.

Other than that Clark Rubber may have some black boat carpet, they normally carry a cheap and a dear option
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark