Thread: Un-Believable find - must read.

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Un-Believable find - must read.

Team,
    JB Hi-Fi at Riverlink in Ipswich have a sale on so wondered in to look, dream & drool. I could not beleive this, a brand new 40D. I had to double check myself but yep, it is a 40D. Went straight to the sales guy and asked if it was for real and he told me it had been missed in the back room stock and sat there for time. Now they are seeling it at cost with a 17-85 bolted on - 1569. Tried to get the sale for body only but they would not separate as they said it was a canon kit.
    Bitterly disappointed but just not cashed up at the moment. I figured with the sale of my 400D and the 17-85 I would end up with a very nice buy - brand new 40D. Totally bummed.
    Hence, thought I would let all the Brisbane dudes and dudetes know there is a brand new 40D for sale at JB Hi-Fi Riverlink Ipswich.

Cheers,

Mike
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really sure that is that great a price. Ted's has the 50D + 17-85 for $1590 (and that's ignoring all the grey-market places).
    1D MkIII | 5D | 17-40 f/4L | 24-70 f/2.8L | 24-105 f/4 L IS | 70-200 f/2.8L IS | 70-200 f/4L IS | 35 f/1.4L | 135 f/2L

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwokask View Post
    Not really sure that is that great a price. Ted's has the 50D + 17-85 for $1590 (and that's ignoring all the grey-market places).

LOL - that is the case here in Brizzy too, I just had a look and they have a 50D with same lens for 1590. I tried to bargain the 40D down but they wouldn't move - actually thought it wasn't that expensive, thanx for correcting me. Don't have the have the cash at the moment anyways.

I think I may have been a little over whelmed seeing a brand new on on the self maybe.
    Figured I could sell the lens if I bought it and make for a cheap 40D, phew! ; could do the same with the 50D too.

Thanks for that - chances are the 50D deal will still be around in a month I would hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always been able to bargain jb hi-fi prices down. I got $70 off my cannon 430 flash, I find if your stubborn enough and say you have so much in cash what can be done they will play along.

Serial Truant....
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW the 50D is available body only on line from Hong Kong for under $1000 incl postage, this puts them in the category where you don't have to pay customs or GST. HKBNS have them for $999 incl post and insurance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would make it a grey market product. Not in the same line of price as Aussie stock that you're comparing it to.

Canon EOS 20D | EF-S 18 - 55mm IS USM f/2.8 | Speedlite 580EX II
    Photoblog #1 | #2

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxxy View Post
    I have always been able to bargain jb hi-fi prices down. I got $70 off my cannon 430 flash, I find if your stubborn enough and say you have so much in cash what can be done they will play along.
    Yep, I barter everything. Got 50$ of a Samsung monitor there only a couple of weeks ago but the manager wouldn't budge at all. Actually she said she would drop $99 if I also purchased an add on item.

I need to get the price down to my budget at that moment, tried for the body only which I figured I could do for maybe $750 but would not separate.

Not sure how they will go selling it but at the right price I figure it would be a worth while buy. Having said that the pricing on the 50D seems to be coming down also.

Did see a 5D mkII with 24-105 L lens as a kit for 4300, man I wish I had some cash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantankerous View Post
    That would make it a grey market product. Not in the same line of price as Aussie stock that you're comparing it to.

and really what is the difference?

It is the same identical unit you get here. Send it back to HK if you need warranty, you pay freight both ways, about $100 all up or buy it here in Oz, and pay $3-400 more for it. The chances of needing warranty is slim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikew09 View Post
    man I wish I had some cash.
    Rick should put that quote in the AP banner on the homepage ... Weve all said it at some point hey
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantankerous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    and really what is the difference?

It is the same identical unit you get here. Send it back to HK if you need warranty, you pay freight both ways, about $100 all up or buy it here in Oz, and pay $3-400 more for it. The chances of needing warranty is slim.
    EXACTLY Wayne ... I was about to question the point of that post as well.

Here is an extensive discussion on the pros and cons of that very issue kantankerous. Check it out

The Commander
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bigdazzler View Post
    Rick should put that quote in the AP banner on the homepage ... Weve all said it at some point hey
    And no doubt I will say it again Darren - lol